La Cusinga Eco Lodge is hands down one of the best places I have stayed. It offers a balance of comfort and sustainability. The staff is very friendly, hospitable, and the reception speaks English fluently. We stayed in the room above reception and it was great. The bathroom is made with rock walls and has an opening between the wall and the roof, I personally loved this, it gave me such an authentic feeling that I was in nature. The howler monkeys will wake you and swing around the trees while you eat your breakfast, all the while enjoying the beautiful view from your breakfast table. The meals were delicious.
We didn't have time to explore the whole property, but we did hike to the beach (about 15 minutes). The beach was private with a sea cave at the end. Bananas lined the trees where the jungle began from the beach. You can hear howler monkeys as you sat on the beach in the jungle behind you.
They have a couple honey moon suites that we got to tour, they were beautiful, I definitely want to go back and stay in those rooms.
I highly recommend La Cusinga Ecolodge and cannot wait to find myself there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita