This is probably one of the nicest place we've been during our 11 days trip in Costa Rica. We spent one day and one night there. The location, in front of the Punta Uvita, is just amazing. The staff is really smiling and welcoming. Food is OK. Our wood bungalow was realy pleasant.
BUT : we had the misfortune to stay there in the same time than a very noisy and impolite 15 people group (who, by coincidence, was American). Although the staff seemed to be really sorry of it, this group definitely spoiled our stay in this lodge. The mirador, an open place with rocking chairs, hammocks, with an amazing view on the ocean, is spoiled by noisy people, taking all the space. Moreover the bungalows are not soundproof, and we heard people (the same) from the trails at 6:30 am. The massage room is located beneath a room, and of course very noisy also. Too bad !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita