The rooms, the staff, the food, the site and the ambience all top notch. It truly is a paradise. A couple of inside tips though: 1. If you put your tip on the credit card, it will never make it to the employees as the owner pockets it (I find this very distasteful and dishonest) 2. They don't have trail maps because "people haven't returned them" (shows a distrust of the customers they serve) 3. Meals are for one hour at 7 a.m., noon and 6 - not much flexibility - but food is great 4. They have no essentials or conveniences to sell you if you need them, like flashlights etc...
Also, there is a room directly above the primary birding area designed for large groups. If you are unfortunate enough to book a trip when it is occupied, it is very noisy.
The chef is amazing and so are the rest of the staff. Just make sure to tip them directly - ends up costing more, but worth it. I would go back but extremely dissapointed in owner for not distributing tips. I heard this from multiple staff members and know it to be true.
Do go. Its great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden in the hilltops overlooking the pristine beaches of Costa Rica's still-virgin south pacific, where the ocean crashes into the jungle sits La Cusinga. Tucked away in a private reserve of over 600 acres, this rainforest lodge provides guests with sweeping ocean views, sandy beaches, natural pools, and the chance to experience the burgeoning forests and astonishing wildlife of the country's most famous ecosystem - OSA. The hotel offers ten rooms designed with sustainably-harvested wood and local materials to maximize comfort while minimizing impact on the environment. The open-air restaurant creates an ideal setting for couples and families alike to enjoy delicious tropical dishes made with fresh produce grown on our farm. The lodge's genuine commitment to sustainable practices along with our first-hand experience in local and national conservation efforts enrich our guests' appreciation of these ecosystems and the importance of their continued preservation. This unique insight enhances the exploration of the natural surroundings while the beautiful location offers the tranquility of fresh ocean breezes and breathtaking sunsets that make for the perfect tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Cusinga Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Cusinga Eco Hotel Uvita
- La Cusinga Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Uvita