“Great place to experience Burgas”
Review of Hotel Bulgaria

Hotel Bulgaria
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Burgas
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night on a business trip. Breakfast buffet is great. Good selection and pretty healthy. It beats the typical American continental breakfast buffet. Remember you're in Bulgaria so don't expect eggs and bacon.

• Stayed: February 2014
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel. Everyday we are doing our best to provide quality services to our guests and we appreciate it when they are satisfied with the comfort, the service and the attitude that they get.

We hope to see you again in hotel Bulgaria Burgas soon.

Marketing Manger

There are newer reviews for Hotel Bulgaria

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We (me and my husband) were here for one night, in a high floor room and the view was really good. You could see the room was renovated not long ago. The bed was comfortable, the room - clean and tidy. It was not so in the bathroom (there were hairs). I also appreciated being able to actually open the windows wide.

The staff is rather nonexistent (we actualy didn't notice any, which is not necessarily bad), but the lobby, the breakfast hall and all public aria are just plain bad looking - broken old furniture, huge empty and unwelcoming spaces. The breakfast was poor, bad looking and tasteless. You better opt for breakfast in some cafe' around the hotel.

It is located in the heart of the pedestrian central zone, and everything you may need, you can find it around the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view and are renovated. Better skip the breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boriana Y
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad that you were satisfied with our services and I shall take into account all your notes.

I would just advise you next time you find a problem in your room - contact a manager, so that we can take immediate measures and try to avoid guest disappointment. We have qualified and professional staff, but obviously sometimes there is negligence which we are working hard to avoid and your feedback is very useful for us in that direction.

Our surveys show high guest satisfaction from our breakfast and I am surprised that you have such an opinion on it. Of course, people's taste and expectations differ, so the central location of hotel Bulgaria offers quick and easy access to many cafes and fast food options around it.

I hope that we shall see you in hotel Bulgaria again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I loved this hotel!! It was incredibly cheap at around €35/night, and absolutely worth every penny. The windows in my room overlooked the square, and I could see the Black Sea from my room. The windows opened, which was a huge bonus as I love being able to sleep in a cold room. However, I must note the breakfast was terrible. It's had all the makings of a standard buffet breakfast in the surface, but everything was just not very good. Very sugary, tasted very fake. However, the beds were comfortable, and there's a Happys around he corner if you want to get food. I would absolutely stay there again, I loved it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank miraclepie

Dear Manager,

Thank you very much for staying in hotel Bulgaria and for taking your time to review our hotel !

I am so glad that you enjoyed our services and your stay as a whole.

I have forwarded your opinion about the breakfast quality to our Chef. We are doing our best to meet our guest expectations and we shell keep on working on that in the future.

I hope to see you in hotel Bulgaria Burgas again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Building from outside didn’t look good but room was clean. Temperature from air condition was sensible, but not inside room (only in front hall). Fortunately temperature in Burgas wasn’t high. Breakfast was very good, especially olives, but there was a juice machine with orange and grapefruit juice which gives only grapefruit juice from both. I think if I will be in Burgas next time I stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mariusz M
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review hotel Bulgaria Burgas !

I am glad that you were satisfied with your stay in hotel Bulgaria Burgas. We are always happy to see our guests coming back and even more happy to see that all our efforts to provide first class service and comfort at the best possible price are paying back with loyal guests.

I hope we shall see you again in hotel Bulgaria Burgas soon again.

P.S. The juice machine is working properly now :)

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The reception, bar & restaurant are terrible. Service is non-existent & poor public areas. On the good side the suite room itself was clean, well maintained & comfortable. Although once outside the room everything else was 4th class. The surrounding area is nice with good access to Burgas town centre. Plenty of good restaurants & shops to choose from.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 186487Mrjr
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel ! I am glad that you liked the room or the suite that you have stayed in and I cannot understand why you have got such a negative opinion about our services. I would be glad if you contact us and send us much more detailed information, so that we can check the issues that you have had and work on changing and improving ourselves.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

the rooms were old but clean. bathroom clean. no musty odor . carpet clean. bed decent. amenities okay. staff friendly. View exhilarating. The aircon was okay in our room.... not so with my friend's room down the hall.... it felt like sauna in there. When they complained, the front desk clerk said to open the window!!! ???? The buffet had mixed reviews from my friends. There were several of them who had stomach upset. The people at the buffet breakfast (staff) could be more friendly.... but most of them middle age....hard for them to smile and be friendly..... need more meat in their buffet...like bacon or ham or chicken or pork....... it is often many cheese, fruits and vegetables.......

Location is the best.... a few minutes walk and you are in the row of shops. the central beach and ice cream stalls are great. Food in Bulgaria is great. Happy Grille restaurant has excellent food. Ate there almost every meal.....had no problem experimenting with their food. Mussels were fresh and great ..... The view from the rooms are breathtaking !!! The hallways a little bit gloomy and dark near the elevators.....add more lights and brighter carpets? Somebody got stuck in elevators...... too few elevators.....took the stairs many times during my stay with friends..... need trashcans near elevators. the elevators were a struggle to operate and open/close doors....maybe hotel should change them to new models. Overall a great hotel....just need to update a few things like elevator etc..... Location and View is your best asset. Old hotel is okay as long as all things are CLEAN. That's the most important thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ong_72
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to review our hotel. I must admit that I find your review rather objective. We definitely are aware that there is place for improvement, and now we are working on our future renovation and investment plans as the hotel was totally refurbished in the period 2003-2009.

I am so glad that you highly appreciated our perfect location and of coarse the magnificent panoramic views over the city of Burgas and the Black sea.

I hope to see you again as a guest at hotel Bulgaria Burgas.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed at hotel Bulgaria on the 12th of July 2013 for a couple of nights and couldn't fault it , our room was nice, very clean with a big comfortable bed, the view was amazing especially at night you could see all over Burgas, the staff was polite and the breakfast had a good choice for every nationality.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank savanah1514351
HotelBulgariaBurgas, Manager at Hotel Bulgaria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing hotel Bulgaria for your stay in Burgas and for taking your time to give feedback about our hotel. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations and the we could offer to you the comfort and services that made your stay at hotel Bulgaria a pleasant and comfortable experience.

We hope you enjoyed your stay and we shall see you again soon!