“In response to Petya Anguelova”

Elenite All Inclusive Villas
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Elenite
Reviewed 16 August 2014

In response to your reply
"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying at Villas Elenite and I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with your stay so far. I am not quite sure what you envisage as Russian and German food. We do cater for many nationalities who have chosen to visit us. Our food is freshly prepared in the premises every day – the selection of salads is abundant (I counted 9 types of salads today at lunch) and there is home-made/cooked meals, as opposed to fast food type of meals, which we also offer for customers who like that. We also have soups and plenty of fruit, which is a necessary healthy option, since we have many children in the hotel. Our food reflects Balkan traditions (including Turkish, Greek influences) and we hope that customers take that into account.
We haven’t had a complaint here at the hotel and I will be glad if you come and personally look for me at reception. I will be happy to assist with any enquiries you may have during your holiday. We always urge our customers to raise a signal to management or their rep at least, if they find some aspect of their holiday unsatisfactory. We are here to listen. It would be much more helpful to improve your holiday, rather than write a negative review and not ask for help. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

I am looking forward to meeting you in person.
Kindest regards

Petya Anguelova
Guest Relations Manager"

I've returned today following a 14 night stay here. My first point to your response is 'you must have your head in the sand'! Every British family I have spoken to have slated your 'restaurant' everyone having the same complaints. And ?I know of at least 3 families whom complained and were move to another hotel for their meals. I complained to both our Balkan Holiday rep and the male Guest Relations rep. Both said they would have a discussion with the management but both failed to provide us with an appropriate response. As this was taking over our holiday we decided to accept it for what is was and for the second week we only visited the 'food hall' a few times. We had a lot of crisps and packet croissants and we ate out a lot in the evenings.
The 'selection of salads is abundant' comment is laughable. For 14 days & nights the same selection of salad was available. The deserts are the same and also apart from maybe two to three dishes the evening selection of food was the same. Both dinner and evening dinner was the same,
Pizza (sweet corn, cheese and tomato), chips, sausage, stew etc ect. The 'fizzy' pop was flat for over a week. I asked the bartender to try a glass, he accepted the complaint but shrugged his shoulders!
The joke of the holiday was 'I wonder what's for dinner'!
In the morning with around 1/2 an hour left until the breakfast was finished there was trays of food empty and wasn't replenished until you grabbed somebody to replace it. One time I asked for some eggs to which I had to wait some time for and then I was brought two! Great for me but what about everyone else?
The fruit situation is ok if your first in the 'canteen' as all the non British families would steam in and grab all of the 'rare' fruit ie bananas. An example of this; one afternoon we got in the hall for 12:30, the start of lunch and people were filing to their tables with mountains of bananas and other fruit on their plates. I went straight for the fruit pile and managed to unearth 3 halves of bananas. These were not replenished for the whole time we dined. There is no variety of fruit from what is there every day. I.e there was never grapes.
We visited the BBQ restaurant once. We had 4 chicken rolls, when opened up the meat was pink.
There was a few incidents of people walking around in there swim gear I.e. Women in skimpy bikinis and men with just swimming trunks on, and I don't mean shorts. There was on a few time a very large male in just his shorts. He was sweating and leaning over the food with his belly touching the food.

It's a shame as this resort is beautiful. And you could improve your restaurant quite easily. You need to manage the amount people are allowed to take in any one visit to a food station.
An example of this, for breakfast my daughter queued for pancake for about 20 mins. There was one female in front of her. When the pancakes were cooked the female took all of them. This, I believe Russian, woman happen to be sitting on the table next to ours. The lady sat there eating all her other platters of food and didn't touch one of the pancakes!
This control over the food could save the hotel a fortune in wasted food!

The people on here are not telling you of these problems to get any compensation but to help you improve your hotel. Your staff must hate it when everyone is complaining at them.

I would recommend this resort but I would tell people to try and get into the other hotels.

Best regards
Tony

Room Tip: Ask for adjoining rooms there are some available. Unfortunately we had two desperate rooms across so...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank MaisieEvieMadie

Reviewed 16 August 2014

It was our perfect family vacation. Absolutely relax, wonderful atmosphere and beach. The staff were friendly. Special thanks to Hotel Manager Sofia - еxclusively charming and helpful person, with care for for guests. We really enjoyed. " Elenite" we'll come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Svetlana K
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Were too start, I truly believe this place hates English people my advice is do not go there, food is rubbish , slop we didn't even now what most of it was. I travelled in a party of 6 , all 3 adults had enough after 2 days , the people r so rude it's shocking , u will b treated like dirt if your English,if they even acknolage u exist. It's full of Germans & Russians who don't now manners at all , I had the resort manager out on day 5 , I was so angry , the beer does not do anything , by day 3 we all agreed to head to sunny beach just so we could eat , that's what we did every dayafter , there is too many complaints I could write a book , do not go to bulgaria if your English,will never go there again and will extend the same courtesy to any Bulgarian,German or Russian I ever meet in England, if I could give it no stars I would

M

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Winona A
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I spent a week here and really enjoyed the whole experience. Ok so the food isn't the greatest but it was fine for us. The staff were really friendly and the entertainment was fun. We went to Nezebar and really enjoyed the trip. The beach was beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mariaandjeff
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I and my family have two rooms booked arriving on 24th august for a week and having read the reviews I am a little concerned. Please could someone contact me to discuss our stay. I have attempted to email the Victoria group email address but have not had a response. Thank you in advance, Emma

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank emma g
Villas E, Guest Relations Manager at Elenite All Inclusive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Madam,

I have tried to respond to your question, however I found out that my response has been rejected from Tripadvisor. I have tried to attach a link to our website, where you can find our contacts and write to us directly. Apparently we are not allowed to do that. So you can google Victoria Group and from our official website you can contact us through the e-mail of the relevant hotel. If you let us know your reservation, name and date of arrival we will make sure you are looked after. In terms of food, as you can see there are also positive reviews, so I guess you will have to come and experience yourself. Food is not hot, but covers the Bulgarian standards, and the rest is up to a taste. Please try to contact us through our website. I will be looking forward to your letter.

Kindest regards

Petya Anguelova

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Around 25 years ago, Black sea resorts were predominantly populated by eastern Europeans. Mainly Russians and Turks. The Black sea was seen as "The Russians Blackpool". However, since the turn of the 21st century, us westerners have became more attracted to the Balkans. Most recently, Bulgaria. This has clearly upset the Russians, Germans, Turks, Greeks etc etc. I have never ever met such a rude race in my entire life as the Russians! It you make the mistake of visiting Elinite for instance, be prepared to be treated like dirt, or as if you are invisible by these nationals! At meal times The Russians seem to think it's ok to push in the queue, barge past you, as if you're not there! Never acknowledge you. Clearly under the misapprehension that us westerners live a more 'comfortable' life then they do! Really! They have such a chip on their shoulder! The resort itself is good. Lovely pools, lovely beach, aquapark. Entertainment average and acceptable. Good value for money. At the resort you can buy 6 cans of lager in the shop for about 8 lev which is about £3.40! Also you value for money on clothes shopping, souvenirs, and other attractions at the supermarkets in both Elinite and neighbouring Nessebar. Nessebar has an excellent aqua park which willcost a family of 4 70 lev to get on the boat (30 quid) and 135 lev to enter the aquapark (65 quid) very worth the money. Children will love it. So my summarization is, the resort is fine, value for money at the resort, easterners have problem with Brits, and average to poor all inclusive food. We wouldn't return though as the easterners ruin it.

• Stayed: August 2014
9  Thank Wayner77
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I satyed here in 2010 with a large group of friends and family. I wanted to reply to you regarding the food which you seem to be struggling with and why so many Brits are unhappy with it.

When i visited the food was tepid and some of it looked like it had been reheated or was undercooked. I became very unwell with food poisoning after 3 days as did other members of our party including my children. My children refused to eat the food due to the many flies in the restaurant which were crawling on the food and after being so sick they were scared to eat there.

It is nothing to do with Brits wanting fast food or even Traditional British Food as i think they would be happy to eat traditional Bulgarian food cooked well. I had no problem when in Turkey or Greece on all inclusives with traditional food of the country i was a visitor in and im sure others are the same, they want traditional food from the country they are visiting.

On 2 occassions whilst there we were served raw chicken and my daughter was served raw meat and eggs. It was not just us, many people were ill and this has gone on a long time at this resort.

With regard to the Russians and Germans. Brits que and others dont so not much you can do about this but it does cause problems at meal times with British kids are queing and Russians are bargung them out the way and loading their plates up with food. Different ways of doig things. I also got the impression whilst there the resort is geared more towards Russians and Germans which is fair enough if thats how you make money.

This resort could be great if the villas were updated with new bedding etc. The beach is beautiful and the resort is immaculate.

Sadly the same reviews go on every year and it appears not much has changed from 4 years ago and prior to my visit the reviews were the same.

I dont know what to suggest when so many people are saying the same things regarding the food as you would think it would have been improved by now when people are paying so much money and being unable to eat or enjoy their holiday due to the food which imo was not fit for consumption and caused us to become violently ill. It is not Brits wanting burger and chips or fish and chips, they just want food which is cooked properly and hygenically without flies crawling all over it.

I will say again this resort could be so good if only somone would do something about the food which is such a big part of your all inclusive holiday. I only ate for 3 days out of 14 before becoming ill then i had to feed a family of 5 out of my spending money elsewhere which is a shame as the resort is beautiful and our holiday was ruined.

I hope this helps and peoples comments are taken on board. I wont comment on the staff not being able to speak English as i dont speak Bulgarian but you would expect a holiday being sold on the British market to be partly geared towards Brits. Most people spoke English when i was there until you made a complaint then they decided they couldnt speak English or help you like when they let my 4 year old daughter out of the kids club leaving her to walk from the animation hall to the Royal Bay hotel herself to fund us and when i complained everyone decided they couldnt understand me when i had heard them talking to others in English. I really didn't feel welcome there afrer this and i found it very strange as i had non of these problems in Greece or Turkey where everyone on the resorts were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DeeDeeDee25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elenite
Royal Bay Hotel
Bohemi Hotel
Bohemi Hotel
#175 of 222 in Sunny Beach
Andalucia Beach Hotel & Residence

Been to Elenite All Inclusive Villas? Share your experiences!