“great seafront hotel”

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Sozopol
Montreal, Canada
“great seafront hotel”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We hesitated betweenSozopol and Nessebar for our stop on the sea coast, both looked interesting but we opted for Sozopol and after later visiting Nessebar we were very happy with our choice.We booked this hotel online a few days before arriving. It is located in the old town and its architecture is well integrated with the surrounding buildings. They have modern large rooms with a view on the bay and the new town (a must). The restaurant food is very ordinary and overpriced, a few brushes of ailloli on a plate doesn’t make the meal “haute-cuisine”. We were there in the offseason so the new town was shut down and this was one of the few hotels open for business.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pageg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Newly opened so I hate to be critical but....

My shower did not have hot running water. When I told the manager he came to my room and told me three times that the shower was working fine before I arrived. When I went to pay he repeated this remark twice. I said: 'Why do you repeat that? Are you suggesting I broke it?' 'Yes!' And told me he would charge me to have it repaired. I told him to call the police which he promised to do. He said that the maid cleaned the bathroom with the shower every day. Then added a piece of clinching evidence that the maid had told him there was water on the bathroom floor therefore the shower did work.. To save time I condescended to explain to him that the shower emitted only cold water. He vanished and after ten minutes returned and said without apology or explanation that I would not be charged for the damage. Otherwise tacky furniture and furnishings, good views but much better to get a private room in a lovely old National Revival house with a vine-strewn garden as I had done the night before for a third of the price of this hotel. Oh and when I arrived there was no top sheet on my bed and none of the three people I asked could understand what a sheet was. The manager suggested a duvet (it was a hot July) plus leaving the air conditioning on all night to prevent my being too hot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Paulvew

Travellers are raving about these Sozopol hotels