“Beautiful Sea View Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa del Mare
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Sozopol
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice staff, good rooms, delicious food! This hotel is situated in the Old Town of Sozopol where there are many ancient attractions to see, there is an atmosphere you would not forget! You will enjoy your stay in Sozopol in this hotel!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a little bit more expensive, however its worth chosing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed there with my b/f in September for 5 nights. The best thing about the room was the view.It was lovely and we enjoyed our stay!
On the negative side:

Breakfast is okay but nothing exciting . Twice they run out of coffee.
Service- not as friendly as you would expect. The hotels consist on 3 members of staff- 2 receptionists to cover reception 24/7 and one housekeeper.

Housekeeping above average. We slept there for 5 nights and did NOT get out bed linen changed. Sand was not removed properly from the floor as they use only a broom and not a hoover.One of the days we didn't get housekeeping as the lady had a day off and no one to clean the room. Considering the staff only get paid one pound an hour in Bulgarian i'm prety sure the company owners can afford another housekeeper instead of keeping someone working there 6 days a week.

You get only one tiolet roll a day which is not enough.
No coffee/ tea making facilities inthe room.

I would love to stay again but the housekeeping need to improve!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgirlkate
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. We had a lovely large room with a beautiful view overlooking the bay. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was adequate. We ate one meal here and as hotel guests we got 20% off so it was not terribly pricey compared to other places in Sozopol, which is not a cheap town to eat in. I could recommend this hotel, but do ask for a room with a FULL front sea view or you might get a side view as we had for our first night. The staff happily moved us to a better room when it became available for our next 2 nights.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room with a FULL front sea view or you might get a side view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adiona
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I think this restaurant must be the easiest for tourists to spot and have something to eat. It is somehow outstanding compared to other restaurants in this area. If you walk along with small promenade overlooking the black sea, this restaurant comes into your sight. I visited Sozopol in November, it was not a high season at all. Still there were many tourists eating there. Great location with fantastic views, also nice parasols to make shade. It looks charming place for lunch. So I stopped by here.

However, it is very expensive for Bulgarian standard !!! I should have gone to another place,,,, After all, I had fried calamari, it was OK, I had had better calamari before.

I paid with credit card but the machine had a bit trouble, it didn't go well. Staff swiped my credit card twice without canceling the first swipe ! I complained that I might be charged doubly but no one could speak very well English. It seemed no one understood what I was ranting about. As I could guess, I was charged doubly. I confirmed it when I came back to Singapore. I sent an e-mail to hotel but no one came back to me. This is Hotel Casa del Mare.

There are many restaurants on small street, look for them ! It must be better than this restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank mamacita1001
Reviewed 3 November 2012

On a long road trip we came across this hotel by chance - very nice and excellent value off season. Room was comfortable, modern and clean, everything worked well. Great views over the small bay,
Restaurant food was OK, if a bit overpriced but the setting was lovely. As one of the other reviewers mentioned the restaurant does not take credit cards and is not part of the hotel (though hotel guests do get a discount).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I am trying to work out if I am writing about the same establishment as those who gave this hotel low ratings? I was here in February/March 2012 and my experiences could not have been more extreme!

I had spent the day in Sozopol and decided that I would stay overnight rather than return to Burgas. My usual guest house choice was closed for the Winter and it was as I was walking back towards another place and just as the rain started falling in earnest that I spotted the Casa del Mare. I walked down to the reception where I was greeted like a long lost friend. I was shown a room with stunning sea views over the Black Sea, or at least they would have been stunning if not for the violent storm that was raging outside and obliterating the view with torrential rain. I booked in and made a reservation for dinner that night. My room was large, clean and very comfortable with full wall picture windows and full length balcony...obviously no good on a day like this!!! There was a very smart en-suite and full satellite/cable TV.

I went to the very nice restaurant and my meal of Black Sea mussels, fillet steak and salad and a cheese selection, was accompanied by a superb 1996 classic Bulgarian red. The meal was so good and the service so personal that I bought every staff member a drink, including the dishwasher/kitchen porter and the night security guard. My bill came to just over €27 with the wine costing €12.50!!! The breakfast the following morning was the biggest and best I had ever had in my 7 years of visiting Bulgaria!!!

As for the reviewer that said the restaurant was run by a 3rd party, I was not aware of this and as stated, my experience of the great service, quality food, stunning setting and overall value for money could not have been more different. I will definately return here again. My room rate was 50 BLV including that breakfast...so my total bill for the stay was €77 + tip of 15%.

Room Tip: If your money stretches that far, try to get a room with the views of the Black Sea. I know I got a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BPLegend1948
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Service in restaurant is terrible. Dishes are overpriced for quality and service they offer.
Hotel has excellent location, but we didn't buy property, so location can't be everything.
Staff at restaurant is un-educated - it seems that all they need is your money, without offering something in return.
Hotel staff explained me that restaurant was managed by third-party and they don’t have much common with them. But this explanation doesn’t help me at all.
I will stay away from this hotel for sure for next few seasons.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple