This hotel is absolutely great, superior service and probably an unmatched charm in the area. The pictures are representative of the rooms and others areas of the Chateau. I had the impression the park was a bit bigger, but as there are not too many rooms there is always a possibility to have some intimacy.
Though you could argue it's located away from Prague, their transfer service is running perfectly smoothly, and for the car you get (7 series): at a great price! The driver was perfectly on time twice and is very friendly: these really make you forget about the distance you need to cover to Mcely.
I see a couple of improvement areas even though they would certainly not change my 5/5 rating!
* Maybe there is a specific reasons behind this: put A/C in (all) rooms? When we stayed there it was incredibly hot and we had some trouble to sleep
* Have more seats around the pool/lake area: we only counted 6 when we were there, and they were all occupied...
* Ask waiters/waitresses to be less "pushy" when having dinner at a restaurant: we are not such a wine couple and are very much used to "just" drink water at dinner, but we felt kind of guilty to do so. The waiter told us "Oh, you're only taking water? Not even a beer"? To me this was unnecessary.
To me/us, this really was a top class hotel: congratulations to all of you!
PS: I proposed to my girlfriend during a picnic in the Chateau's park, and what else could she say then "Yes" in such a beautiful environment ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the 2008 World Travel Awards, Chateau Mcely was voted the “World’s Leading Green Hotel.” It is situated in the midst of the St. George Forest, high on a hill with breath-taking vistas, just an hour’s drive from the centre of Prague and in the heart of old Central Europe. This former rural manor of the Thurn-Taxis aristocracy is a place of magical wonder, with positive healing energy, a long history, and with a family atmosphere and personal attention to so many details that it literally guarantees its guests a balance of body, mind and spirit. Limousine service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Mcely reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Mcely Hotel Mcely
- Chateau Mcely Prague
- Chateau Mcely Hotel Prague