“Best of the best”

Chateau Mcely
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mcely
“Best of the best”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

All is perfect! Absolutely tuning dishes, extremely willing staff, perfect service at all. The quality of food is outstanding. The choice of wines is very good, but wines are a little too expensive
Don't miss!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
KvetaHumoudova, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Chateau Mcely, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Chateau Mcely and that you could recharge your energy at Mcely Spa and could enjoy the great meals at the Piano Nobile restaurant.

Květa Humoudoá
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Norway
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What women would not dreaming to get marry here? This Chateu is such a unique place. All renovations done with love, there is no doubt about it. Well done!
We decide to marry here July 2013....I would not recommed to stay over night during a summer!
So hot in rooms!!! All our guest woken up during a night sweaty. No air conditioning! For that price per night???!!! 5.000 czk per small room under roof top, hot like crazy.....when I talked their manager, he told me it would b expencive to built in. Excuse me? We just spent almost 500.000 czk per wedding here?? If u cant built aircon, get lower price for the rooms!!!
I would definately not recomend to let Chateu organize your wedding. I dont know, maybe I was just unlucky with all but when u pay this price, u should be demanding and its ur wedding!
My wedding planner went on maternity leave one month before our wedding, i find it very unprofessional not to tell me that before. We have been planning all together and then she left all on her new colleague. And that was disaster :-( Cant speak bad about the girl, such a nice, sweet girl....but she didnt have experiance, authority- no one listen to her and instead talking with my photograph, talking to me what we gonna do next on my wedding....all guest seen it, she didnt know what to do. And I felt I was bossy on my own wedding :-((((
When we came 1 pm to the hotel and we booked whole hotel only for us. Reception seemed
confused...and we arrived only 6 ppl in tha moment. No any welcome drink! Some of our guest got, some of them not. I have asked my Wed.planner to tell all what is include the hotel price and what is not.
By the way, that was her job but i wanted to b sure....months later, many of them didnt know they could use pool or sauna!!!
Omg....everytim I remember my wedding.....it just make me cry :-(
There was so many things and I wont continue....
This day is so importnat for every women and we want it to be so perfect. Yes its never gonna b perfect but if you spend that money somewhere called luxery chateu, 5 stars.....what should I expect?
So resume : go eat here, guys in the kitchen has golden hands!, spend a day here yes, or have a wedding but with other agencies!! And dont recommend stay over during a summer ....other then that enjoy this beauty

Room Tip: Not the ones called after each month in year...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kveta H, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Chateau Mcely, responded to this review, 3 February 2015
Dear Guests,

We were deeply sorry to see your commentary, as we take all of our events very seriously and especially weddings because we know how important this day is for the prospective bride and groom and their families.

The reason for our concern is that our fundamental Mission and the primary reason for Chateau Mcely’s existence is - To go well beyond hospitality by enriching the lives of our SIX-STAKEHOLDERS - Guests, Employees, Investors, Suppliers, Community, the World! We have never before heard these kinds of comments concerning our weddings or any of our other events, and we want to be sure we address your concerns.

I regret that you did not share your feelings immediately on your wedding day because, as you know, I was serving personally as the Manager on Duty until 10 p.m. Throughout your event I or my staff did not have the slightest indication that something did not go well. My deputy director had her shift the next day and also heard nothing from you.

We are sorry that your first wedding planner left on maternity leave but it was something out of our control, and I am glad that she was very professional and discussed her personal situation with you via email 3 month prior to your wedding.

As for your comments concerning A/C, when we renovated Chateau Mcely nearly 10 years ago, we were advised by our architects not to install it since the castle is well insulated and A/C might be required only a few days in the summer. That turned out to be correct for most of the summers since we opened for business in 2006. However, we were able to find a suitable solution and A/C has already been installed and is operational for the season 2015.

I am pleased that subsequent to our email communications, you graciously accepted our apology and a gift certificate for your next stay at Chateau Mcely, as well as one of our premiere product from our Mcely Bouquet cosmetic line.

Sincerely yours

Vlastimil Plch
Founding Managing Director
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely great, superior service and probably an unmatched charm in the area. The pictures are representative of the rooms and others areas of the Chateau. I had the impression the park was a bit bigger, but as there are not too many rooms there is always a possibility to have some intimacy.
Though you could argue it's located away from Prague, their transfer service is running perfectly smoothly, and for the car you get (7 series): at a great price! The driver was perfectly on time twice and is very friendly: these really make you forget about the distance you need to cover to Mcely.

I see a couple of improvement areas even though they would certainly not change my 5/5 rating!
* Maybe there is a specific reasons behind this: put A/C in (all) rooms? When we stayed there it was incredibly hot and we had some trouble to sleep
* Have more seats around the pool/lake area: we only counted 6 when we were there, and they were all occupied...
* Ask waiters/waitresses to be less "pushy" when having dinner at a restaurant: we are not such a wine couple and are very much used to "just" drink water at dinner, but we felt kind of guilty to do so. The waiter told us "Oh, you're only taking water? Not even a beer"? To me this was unnecessary.

To me/us, this really was a top class hotel: congratulations to all of you!

PS: I proposed to my girlfriend during a picnic in the Chateau's park, and what else could she say then "Yes" in such a beautiful environment ;)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kveta H, Manažer komunikace s hosty at Chateau Mcely, responded to this review, 8 January 2015
Dear Guests,

thank you very much for your nice words about our hotel. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay and your special moment by us. Thank you also for your feedback in points, we always try to keep all the informations which help us to improve our services. In fact for this year we are preparing the A/C in all the rooms in the second floor of the castle, the installation will start in few weeks. Regarding the pool, we preffered to create different ways of relax - so it means some seat, some deckchair, some umbrella just on the lawn, a part with a sand - so our guests can simply choose what tjey like but you are right that the place is not very large, it is in dimensions matching to the whole park. And regarding the waiter, we are sorry if you felt somehow pushed, it is really not our way of acting, I believe strongly it was only the interest to offer you all the possibilities of drinks. We apologize if it was too much for you.

Thank you once more for your feedback and we will be happy to see you again at Chateau Mcely

Sincerelly Yours

Květa Humoudová
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Cheteau Mcely is located not far away Prague and is truly an amazing place if you want to relax for a day or two. It is set in the middle of an amazing garden full of hidden corners and amazing art. The hotel can truly live up to similar hotels in Germany or Austria. First of all it is very carefully decorated, renovated with customer well being in mind and the staff is very service minded. We had one of the higher end suites which had L'Occitane amenities that I personally love. We basically spent the day lying in the grass int he park, sipping Apperol and reading a book. There is a nice little pond with a beach, spa with an outside jacuzzi that you can even book for a private session. In the evening, visit to the Piano Nobile restaurant is a must, with its innovative but still local flavored food. Breakfast is simple, but all you need and offers great Ala Cart made dishes again with some local flavor. If you want to relax for a few days and be looked after well, this is the right hotel for you to visit.

Room Tip: We had one of the suites that was very airy and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your nice words. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay at Chateau Mcely and that you could recharge your energy and enjoy the great meals at the Piano Nobile restaurant.

Květa Humoudová
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This Chateau is just wonderfull in every aspect. The staff is so friendly always prepared to help, the chef is excellent and hotel is just so cosy and warm. I highly recommend to visit the spa and get some of the treatments as well.
We've spent here 2 night and we've been totally amazed. It was just highly above our expectations.
Thanks everybody at Chateau Mcely for making our short vacation wonderfull :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JanaKavrikova, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Mcely, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Chateau Mcely and that you also opted for the spa treatment which is very popular among our guests. We recommend our guests to also try our biotopical lake, which offers nice cool dip in these hot days.

We will be looking forward to welcomming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were staying in Chateau Mcely with my husband just for one night. But it was so wonderful that we accumulated energy for the hole month. Amazing spa, tasty food and cosy atmosphere. The place that I deffenetly recommend to visit!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
JanaKavrikova, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Mcely, responded to this review, 21 June 2014

Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had booked to stay here for 1 night as part of a pre-wedding package as we looked for a venue.
Due to flight constraints it was 9.45pm when we arrived and after 10pm by the time we go to our room. The restaurant would normally close at 10pm however we still managed to get a lovely meal.
Our room overlooked both front and side aspects but unfortunately the side aspect was the car park, which normally would not be an issue but on the day we were staying the Chateau were filming a movie so there was a lot of loud activity in the car park from approx 7am.

My main issue was the heat, the chateau does not have air conditioning so it was not a great night sleep and was difficult to escape from the heat the next day when it was 30 degrees +, I understand there are issues with being a historical building but i hope it can be resolved in the near future, even adding fans to the rooms would help.

The food was lovely, but to echo other reviews it would be nice to have a separate light lunch menu, the only menu on offer was the dinner menu and in the heat, lamb shanks etc were not overly appealing.

All in all a very good experience and its definitely a venue we are considering for our wedding. Its a beautiful setting and perfect for a relaxing get away.

Room Tip: Stayed in Northern Seas, which overlooks the front and side, however the side view was of the car pa...
1 Thank aron916
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your frank feedback regarding your stay at Chateau Mcely. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the chateau and we sincerely believe that we will be able to provide you with all necessary and desired services which your very special wedding day will definitely deserve.

We would like to assure our guests, that two of our rooms are equipped with the air conditioning. All other rooms in hotel are equipped with a fan or the fan is available anytime on request. We make our guests aware of this fact and we are always happy to and ready to do our best to provide our guests with the room with air conditioning once the room is available.

As to the meals in Piano Nobile Restaurant we have just published our new menu starting May 2014 with new and innovative choices. We place a great emphasis on the choice of fresh ingredients from our local suppliers and our chefs are happy to prepare meals according to our guests´ wishes.

Thank you very much for all the feedback that gives us a chance to improve service for our guests.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you at Chateau Mcely soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mcely
Maxmilian Lifestyle Resort
#2 of 9 in Mlada Boleslav
Hotel La Romantica
Hotel La Romantica
#1 of 9 in Mlada Boleslav

Been to Chateau Mcely? Share your experiences!