It was by chance we popped in here and so pleased we did. Although they appeared to very busy, we were ushered to an shaded table in the shingled courtyard and presented with welcome drinking's and tapas, such a wonderful surprise and so welcoming in the summer heat.
We had a lovely night in a beautiful room, enjoyed the pool some distance from the room, set out in a lovely lawn setting. By then it came as no surprise that the dinner would be equally wonderful and it was. But the breakfast will always stand out in my mind as it was the only place (and we stayed in many in France,) that managed to present scrambled eggs beautifully. Breakfast setting had rustic charm and lovely food set in large open kitchen/Barn setting. Would return, loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Dordogne - Mouleydier