For €200 per night you get an impressive chateau, contemporary interiors, good staff and a nice location. Arrive keeping this in mind and not expecting a truly five star property and you won't be disappointed. Come expecting something that looks exactly as impressive as it's site and you might feel a small element of regret. The food is genuinely superb and reasonably priced, the staff great (it's a slice of the Netherlands in the Dordogne from the owner down) and there's plenty to do. But to keep the prices at that level, you do predictably get something that feels like the hotel had a makeover rather than a really proper refurbishment. Parts are like living in a 24 hour transform your home TV show. That said, it was good value, well run and we wish them all well. Worth a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Dordogne - Mouleydier