I don't think I will have enough space to go through all the fabulous points about this hotel but here goes.... My Husband & I booked last minute after finding this on Mr&Mrs Smith. Upon arrival after a long drive from St Malo we were greeted beautifully by Rainer who offered us to just sit down and relax in the sun whereby we were then brought Champagne and a little bite to eat. We were instantly relaxed & in holiday mode. On first impressions the Chateau is as stunning if not more so than in the photos. The courtyard is a lovely sun trap where you can just relax or use the wifi (which we found to be very quick). After our drinks & nibbles we were shown to our Suite which had views to die for.
Room: The room was very stylish & the floor to ceiling windows which you can fully open on to a Juliette balcony was perfect to wake up to every morning. Satin slippers and robes provided. Beautifully clean.
Restaurant: You can either sit outside or in the restaurant (to the left where you can see the open plan kitchen or to the right with the lovely big fireplace). We ate here every night as there was so much choice and very reasonable in price. The food was always stunning.You must try the local wine especially the red.
Location: Very close to Bergerac at only a 20 min or so drive. Quick walk to the Dordogne & slightly further walk onto Mouleydier centre.
Service: Impeccable.... nothing more to say!!! Special mention to Charlie & Rainer for all you did to make our stay wonderful and Charlie for organising a fabulous day for our anniversary! Also I must mention the wait staff in the evenings who were always excellent!
We are already planning our next trip here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Dordogne, near Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion and Sarlat in the heart of Bergerac vineyards and forests on the hills of the Dordogne river, Château les Merles offers a gourmet restaurant, a boutique luxury hotel and a challenging 9-hole golf course with driving range and putting green, swimming pool, tennis court and wellness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Chateau les Merles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Les Merles Mouleydier
- Chateau Les Merles France/Dordogne - Mouleydier