“o dear glass in fish dish”
Review of Cafe de la Mairie

Cafe de la Mairie
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Wimereux
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2013

the owners are kind and busy people. however the menu for children is simply the worst rip off I have ever seen. also there was glass in my husbands fish. it was so bad we didn't even ask for the coffee, and went to the open air stall opposite.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

we called in here and we were lucky to get a table. the place was packed and had a real local gathering, and a manic feel about ther place we just ordered a plat du jour (cod fillet with a shrimp sauce) Delish I had Moules Provencale which was reallt good. house wine was a bit rough rough and reay but paletable,I had the draft bier (Stella Wife beater). it was a cheap and really tasty meal. certainly go again.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is a late review shall I say. Ate here after the Tour De France in July and was overall impressed by the restaurant of the cafe. Food was nice, we ate a variety of dishes from fish to lasagne, all typically Northern French, fruit, frites etc. Waitress offered to charge my phone by the booking desk next to us, which was nice of her.

Went back yesterday (30th May 2013) but we were told that the food wasn't served that evening, so not sure if that applied to all Thursday's or just the evening we chose, so watch out for that.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

all good food - with good service - would go here again - good to average prices for lunch have had Moules here twice and they were excellent - good table wine and prices!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Arrived in Wimereux late on Friday night so decided to try the outside seating at this venue. Had the set menu for 18 euros; he had beer, I had a carafe of red wine, it arrived cold. Mussels and frites for me; steak for him with beans and frites. Nothing exceptional here and when I asked for our dessert we had only two choices; not the ones on the menu. Others had creme brulee or choice of gelato. He got the stale pie, I got the chocolate mousse. Ordinary cuisine. Mussels not cleaned properly. The advantage is sitting outside in a car park with the sun glimpsing over the tops of the houses.Yawn.

2  Thank catfingers