“Beautiful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Les Tourelles

Les Tourelles
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Le Crotoy
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We eat here twice on a recent stay in Le Crotoy for 2 different family birthdays on back to back days.
The restaurant, bar and indeed the whole hotel is beautifully decorated. The food wasn't really fine dining but very good and certainly of a high enough standard for a special occasion lunch.

If there was a down side it was the service. It was friendly and generally attentive but took thier eye of the ball a couple of times which needed me having to have a word with one of the more senior waiters at one point. Both occasions finished with a minor sour note. After sepending hundreds of euros at lunch I asked for a table outside for the next day and I was told 'no'. I asked why but was told it was not impossible and the girl checked but still said it was impossible (not full). The 2nd occasion they made me come to the till to pay the bill which I was not given a reason as to why. Nobody else had been asked this and we had spent over a 1000 euros over the previous 2 days. (I supose the motto of that story is if you want to have your nose put out of joint at least once in even a very good establishment, don't go to france). I would still very much recommend this as even the odd bits of service were given with smiles on faces.

The bar is also very good and I found it the nicest one in the town.

• Visited May 2014

Colchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant dining room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a very good meal here. Service was very good & the staff pleasant & attentive. Very good value for money

Visited June 2014
Elewijt, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great week in Les Tourelles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Each time we come to Les Tourelles we book our next stay. Hotel has a unique atmosphere and the light in the bay is marvellous. A gem!

Visited February 2014
Paris, France
“Fabulous seafood !!! very attractive restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Actually the seafood and crustacés that are fresh and delicious are perfectly prepared and presented. The service is good and the price is very reasonable for the great quality of the prestation.

Visited September 2013
Yorkshire
“Check your credit card slip!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

An average meal, certainly not very good, but equally not very bad either! Portions were generous which some people would appreciate, but we would have much preferred smaller and better quality dishes. However, though I have little of note to say about the food, I must comment about the payment. We were given the bill which we both checked to be correct. It was a very simple bill for 53 euros with just one glass of wine at 5 euros and two table d'hote menus at 24 euros each. I was then asked to take the bill to the bar next door to pay by credit card where I handed over the bill and was given the credit card machine to insert my pin number. Now, while I know for certain that the bill was correct, I can only say that I am reasonably certain the machine total was the same as the bill ie 53 euros. Foolishly, I did not check the credit card slip, but on arriving back at our b&b (see our review of O'Mylle Douceurs) I saw that it was for 92 euros! The following morning we returned to the restaurant where a search of all the restaurant meals bills from the previous evening found only one relevant bill consisting of one glass of wine at 4 euros, two table d'hote menus at 24 euros each and a bottle of Sancerre at 40 euros! We were sheepishly handed 40 euros in cash and left mystified. Was this a genuine mistake or some sort of scam? We find it difficult to understand or explain either possibility!

• Visited September 2013