“A very mixed meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Devon
“A very mixed meal”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We don't often find anywhere in France where the food is not good but this was the exception. Having said that we had quite a difference between my wife's meal, raie, which was good and mine which was poor. I had langoustine starter and they were overcooked and mushy. One I ate I wish I hadn't and I left a similar one which looked as though it had been around a few days. I then had scallops in a strong brown gravy, reminiscent of brown Windsor soup but probably a fish stock. It completely overpowered the delicate scallops. They were cooked ok but would have been better if the black intestine had been removed. There are much better alternatives in le crotoy, in fact anywhere in le crotoy is probably better!

• Visited September 2013

Lancashire
“Different”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just stopped for a drink here the day we arrived. Very friendly and good value for money, however the staff were noisier than the clientele! But made for a good atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
London
“Avoid if Possible”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We had to eat here on a Tuesday evening when everywhere else was closed. The food for four of us varied between just about edible but not cooked as requested (a steak) to, for one of us, inedible. A place to avoid unless desperate.

• Visited May 2013
Hertfordshire UK
“We found the food very good.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We ate here on the bank holiday weekend in France and are surprised by the other review. My 'Fruits de Mere' was very good and the 4 course menu also great. I can only assume that they have taken some action to address the issues raised by other reviewers.

• Visited May 2013
“Simple outdoor spot with great mussels...”
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Simple outdoor spot with great mussels and sea food. Good with kids and unbeatable on warm sunny day.