“Wonderful Brazilian ambiance without stereotypes!”
Review of Le Botafogo

Le Botafogo
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Saint-Aygulf
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Wonderful Brazilian ambiance without stereotypes!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was an incredibly nice surprise! Being a Brazilian living in France, I'm always reticent about the so-called Brazilian restaurants: they are usually tourist traps and highly stereotyped. This is not at all the case! I've seen the reviews in Trip Advisor and decided to give it a go. I was with my husband and we went there a Friday night for dinner. It was perfect! A nicely decorated restaurant, cozy and charming, VERY GOOD ambiance, a true Brazilian Picanha with all we love to eat it with in Brazil (rice, beans, fries, farofa...) with a reasonable price (we've paid 21,90€ each for the Picanha's dish). Nice Brazilian music - again, no stereotypes, no Axé, no Michel Teló, only the truly good Brazilian music (Brazilian rock, Bossa Nova, MPB etc.). The owner is French and there is only one Brazilian working there (apparently the Chef, but he wasn't there on the occasion) but the owner has been to Brazil many times and he seems to have captured very well the spirit. Highly recommended!!!

1 Thank Roberta-BR-FR

muppetdave
“Good beach-bar style food”
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Very nice straightforward beach BBQ style food. I had a very nice 'Sunday BBQ' meal of chicken, steak and lamb which was all cooked fantastically well. My wife had a great-looking salad (I was told it tasted very good too!), and all the other dishes I saw served up were good too.

All of the menu seemed to be good value too.

It also helped that our waitress was lovely...

2 Thank muppetdave901