“Very nice hotel with good breakfast and good location”
Review of Hotel Ritter

Hotel Ritter
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tettnang
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Very nice hotel with good breakfast and good location”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in Tettnang for 2 days + 2 nights and I found the location to be very convenient. Its 10 minutes from Freidrichschafen airport which takes about 15 euros at night. They are open late till 10:30 pm. I was given room 14 which was great . The double beds are very comfy and warm with large soft pillows, the attached bathroom is clean with a tub and shower + potty, with ready to use gels and all. The tv is an led tv with all German tv channels. There is a radio attached to one of the bed sides and the opening door to the balcony provides a good view of the minimal road traffic of the main traffic circle. The room is very well lit with lights under curtains and behind the beds and in front of the door. All these lights are well chosen halogen lamp quality with good ambient lighthing which is never glary. I would say the vibe is very homely and cozy. You can ask for a hot drink or cold drink at night before bed time. The breakfast was sumptuous with lots of pork salami, cheese, fruit juices and the breads. They provide tourist information as well, the town is charming and though not much of busy vibes has a very old world feel, I love it. The hotel rooms upstairs are sound proofed from the floors below. For night travellers they do provide code locks that give out the respective keys from a key dispensing machine that can be used to enter from the backdoor, the area has movement activated lights so its not really a dark alley entry feel. All in all I did find the place very comfortable with the hosts very sweet and nice. I would love to be there again.

They may have closed the restaurant due to business reasons however any sort of meals can be taken just stone throws away at one of the many restaurants and eateries in the bazaar right along the road. They also book taxis for early morning flights.

I surmise they might have taken into account some of rather negative reviews and improved those things that proves they believe in customer service, and that I did not find any thing I could point a finger at. I am glad cos I am very picky.

Great time!

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony have a better feel to it, the traffic noise is minimal to non existant and give...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a nice hotel with clean decent size rooms. We stayed here for 4 nights on business and it was value for money. The breakfast was very good and they also prepared an omelette on request for no additional charge. The staff was very courteous and helpful. This is an old building not exactly designed to be an Hotel so please do not expect a fancy reception or large lifts, but nonetheless, it has all the basic amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Prestwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

First impressions were about right. This place looks poor from the outside,inside is not too bad. It was clean and tidy. I was booked in here by a company in Tettnang when I was on they're training course, although I was paying for it, It's cheap for bed & breakfast so don't expect much. Breakfast was ok, cereal, fresh fruit cocktail, meat, cheese e.t.c. reasonably good. I was in a front balcony room which stank of stale cigarette smoke although it is supposed to be non-smoking. I left the windows open to try to get rid of the smell but the cleaner kept closing them during the day so the smell never went away. The shower was pathetic! I had to run the shower for at least 5 minutes before any warm water came through and then when it did I had to stand up next to the mixer to get wet. The very old T.V. worked sometimes which didn't bother me because I only tried to put it on while I was getting ready, to provide some background noise.
I asked for an outside line to use the phone from my room as and when I wanted but this was turned off again before I could use it. There are no night staff. You access the hotel from a rear door which is also used by the apartments above. I have stayed in worse places. Would I stay here again? Not if I had the choice!!
There are a few nice bars/restaurants in Tettnang but not enough if you are staying for more than a couple of nights.
Freidrichshafen is only 20euros in a taxi and it is a much better location, I would stay here if I ever go back to this area.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms at the front are noisy with traffic and they smell of stale smoke
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Germany
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We were there in July , with 3 childern and rooms were excellent , distance to main spots were affordable and price was a must

I would definitely recommend it !

• Liked — Attention
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tettnang
Hotel Rad
Hotel Rad
#1 of 4 in Tettnang
Ibis Friedrichshafen Airport
Ibis Friedrichshafen Airport
#9 of 28 in Friedrichshafen
Holiday Inn Express Friedrichshafen
Holiday Inn Express Friedrichsha...
#5 of 28 in Friedrichshafen
Brauerei-Gasthof Krone
Brauerei-Gasthof Krone
#1 of 7 in Tettnang
Torstuben
Torstuben
#4 of 7 in Tettnang

Been to Hotel Ritter? Share your experiences!