“regular hotel, friendly people”
Review of City Park Hotel

City Park Hotel
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed there just for one night, and the hotel was regular. However, the kindness of the staff made me not feel badly about. I would not stay longer then one night, but could suggest the hotel for family with children on a holyday for a fair price / fair lodging.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 October 2012

It is a good hotel with no negative to say.
The locations is close to Oderturm and city center. You can easily walk over the bridge to Poland. I bought 120 minutes WIFI use for 5 EUR and for some reason I could not split the use over more days. Next day I had to buy new WIFI use. Maybe it is normal in Germany, but normally you can use it for your whole stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Henrik Z
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I was very disappointed with this hotel for a few reasons which are;
Promise of free internet turned out to be the use of a single PC in the lobby which was always busy and I wanted to work from the hotel during my business trip which was not practical to sit in the lobby. You could get WiFi but at a rediculous fee.
The shabby room was tiny and in the loft and with no air-con was far too hot to sleep. The room stank of stale tobacco. I am actually a smoker but I didn't think that smoking was permitted in hotels anymore and would never smoke in my room anyway.
The bath towel was actually a hand towel and must have been almost as old as the original building.
The breakfast was a buffet served from 06:00 -10:00 which was very good however during my breakfast I had to make a call and when I returned I was told I couldn't have a second breakfast.
The hotel had no facilities like swimming pool, gym etc

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin B
Reviewed 27 August 2011

It was a pretty normal hotel room, on the top floor. As such I liked it, not very much space though. And unfortunately there was no air cooling in the room only a fan on the floor. It was pretty warm as I was there, and not being able to cool down the room is not so good. I used their parking garage, which you have to pay for, but they didn't charge me for it as I left. I am not a big fan of this City, and as such I have no Idea how this hotel is situated. It is not to far from the border to Poland. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to the bridge crossing over. there are quite a few shops nearby, and a big general store. I found that the lack of restaurants in the area was not ideal for me, although they do have, what looks like a very nice restaurant at the Hotel. The staff were very friendly and nice. I didn't select or pay for this hotel myself. But despite the negative things, which weren't that serious, I think this is an ok Hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed. Front desk staff, with a few exceptions, were rude and unhelpful. Never a smile. They need some serious personality and customer service training. Never saw a manager, only front desk staff.
The rooms, tiny. The smallest bathroom and shower I have ever seen. Towels are paper thin. No shampoo or bar soap. Two iron and ironing boards in entire hotel. No air conditioning. Asked for a fan and received a very rude reply. Wireless internet signal very poor.
Breakfast was actually alright. Service good. Selection ok.
If you stay in the summer time bring mosquito spray. Since there is no air conditioning you must open the windows.
The only other viable option for a hotel in Frankfurt Oder is the Ramada, which is out in the middle of nowhere. Ramada front desk staff just as rude. Opted to stay at the City Park due to close location to downtown, shopping and restaurants. Next time will stay in Berlin and make a long drive. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The City Park Hotel has a good location and good facilities. It is less than 10 minutes away from the train station (a downhill walk). It is about 10-15 minutes away from the old city. My room was a modest size, but big enough. I found a special rate on-line (54 Euros), and I thought that was reasonable. The hotel was clean and well-run.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poldyblooom
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I was here for a business trip, so it was useful to have the business services, hotel lobby, and bar. It was not fancy, but very comfortable; not far from the train station and restaurants. WLAN available by credit card; the cost was quite reasonable.

You can walk to Slubice in Poland; but it's not that interesting!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel City Residence
Hotel City Residence
#1 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Hotel Zur Alten Oder
Hotel Zur Alten Oder
#2 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Gasthof Goldener Hahn
Gasthof Goldener Hahn
#3 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
Palais am Kleistpark
Palais am Kleistpark
#4 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)
The Euro Kaliski Hotel
The Euro Kaliski Hotel
#2 of 4 in Slubice
Gasthaus & Hotel Grunhof
Gasthaus & Hotel Grunhof
#8 of 8 in Frankfurt (Oder)

Been to City Park Hotel? Share your experiences!