Lovely hotel, very clean, perfect location, big airy room with lovely comfy double bed, friendly helpful staff - the best thing about the hotel was sharing it with 100's of the lovely Russian people.
Americans and Germans get bad press abroad and it was refreshing and a pleasure to holiday amongst Russians - they are polite, pleasant, cheerful and friendly - the hotel complex is a maze of corridors, paths and trails - several times my girlfriend and I gave way to let Russians of all ages pass and each time we received a thank you, a smile or a nod to say thank you.
We found a nice spot on the beach which wasn't at all busy, and within minutes we welcomed a group of quiet and peaceful Russians to come and join us, and not once did they jabber loudly to each other and yapping on their phones constantly and spoilt our peace and quiet and annoy us..
Breakfast and Dinner was an air of organised tranquility, a joy to behold, the Russians set the pace when it comes to orderly queueing and I admire their patience and courtesy they showed.
Also despite the temptation they resisted the urge to pile the food up on their plates and not eat it, which I admired considering the waste and how many starving people there are in the world!! Now Russians have money to travel it was refreshing to witness their behaviour on holiday, especially when interacting with the helpful staff who were treated very well and with the utmost respect - it made our holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Out of the Blue, Capsis Elite Resort is a 5-star deluxe hotel complex located on a private peninsula surrounded by a luscious Botanical Garden of 167.000 m2 that captivates your senses with its majestic Aegean views. The property is situated 20 minutes from the City and the International Airport of Heraklion and next to the traditional fishing village of Aghia Pelaghia. For those who seek to combine the beauty of the Greek Islands with the utmost of luxury, this resort complex provides guests a choice of 2 hotel collections with 3 different hotels/concepts with various types of accommodation, from family bungalows to private pool-villas. A natural beauty resort which is surrounded by ponds, cascades, colourful gardens and private cultivation of organically-grown fruits, vegetables, herbs and flowers used in the hotel restaurants and bars. The resort features the Capsis Minoan Amusement Park, 4000 sq m,the only one amusement park for children in Greece which features games and activities based on the Greek myths and combines fun and education with interactive games. Sand and fine pebble beaches, 7 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, 8 bars, a water sports centre, a shopping boutique, a nutrition and detoxification unit and a complete spa centre are only some of the wellness and gastronomic facilities on offer at this elite resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Out of the Blue Capsis Elite Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Out Of The Blue, Capsis Elite Hotel Agia Pelagia
- Hilton Garden Inn Malia
- Sofitel Agia Pelagia
- Agia Pelagia Sofitel
- Out Of The Blue Capsis Elite Resort Crete/Agia Pelagia