“Cats?”

Nymphes Luxury Apartments
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Agia Pelagia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is a wonderful hideaway. Granted, it takes a bit of mettle (and God's good graces) to manage driving up/down the "challenging" - how should I say? - pathway to this perch above Agia Pelagia. But once you're there, it's not the altitude that takes your breath away. The views are spectacular! Sadly, when we were there, the mother of the owner had just passed away. But the door to our little nest was open, the room and glorious balcony were in perfect order ... and then there were the cats to keep us company in her stead. Obviously, I'm by no means ailurophobic: waking up early in the morning, watching the glorious sunset, and having one of those wonderful kittens take up housekeeping on your lap - OMG, the peace and warmth of the whole thing! Rugged, aesthetically inclined people will love this place. It's nothing in any way like your typical tourist trap. It's genuine. Certainly with its little flaws here and there, but that's what makes it genuine. And seeing a mama cat introducing you to her new litter is heartworming beyond words. This is a place for people who like their aeries in life.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craiggie

Reviewed 26 September 2013

It's not often that we say that...

These are lovley clean apartments in a fantastic location with amazing views. You are only a short drive down to two great beaches with clear water and great restaurants.

We booked at the very last minute and the owner helped us arrange two nights accommodation in another hotel until she had an appartment free and also a hire car to meet us at the airport - This desire to do all they can to help is a reflection of the attention to detail and service you'll receive.

This is a great place to stay, you've got great beaches on the door step, you've also the ability to just sit and enjoy the view and great sunrises, in fact amazing sunrises some of the best We have ever seen!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week. The hilltop setting above the Ligaria and Pelagia beaches is perfect. The apartment was spotless and well equipped with a patio overlooking the sea. We were greeted with fresh fruit and a bottle of wine. The pool is convenient after a long day of traveling. The location provides for convenient trips in the North to points from Chania, Rethymno, Heraklion, and Malia, as well as to the many environs and antiquities. Though we also spent a week in the South, you can reach the major southern sites and beaches in little more than an hour.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The good thing about Nymphes is a fantastic location with a beautiful view. However, bear in mind that the road going up to Nymphes is really rough, which makes it quite a difficult journey especially at night! It's also worth knowing that Mrs Pepy is an elderly lady with 4 cats. These cats not only run around in the hotel area, but also keep coming into your room. I didn't know that when I booked 3 nights in Nymphes for our honeymoon with my new husband who has cat allergies :) But in fact, cats were not even our biggest problem. Air conditioning in our small studio was not working! It was so hot at night that we couldn't sleep. Next morning Mrs Pepy suggested another studio for the rest of our stay. But after the second night AC in another studio stopped working, too! Mrs Pepy wasn't apologetic about that at all, although she made a small discount for our stay (discount was not her idea, we asked for it). The cleaning service was of a very low standard. During our 3 nights stay, a housekeeper came only once to take out the garbage and empty an ashtray and that's it. Also, don't order breakfast at the hotel - you're going to be charged 20EUR for 2 omelets, coffee, juice and a bowl of salad to share. To be frank, this hotel was a disappointment. You can definitely find better!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pepy, Owner at Nymphes Luxury Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you dear guest, for giving me the opportunity for feedback.
I feel you’re being unfair to me.
Let’s remember again: the first morning you informed me that AC stopped working at 01:00 in the middle of the night and started again in the morning. I guess that programming was set, but you clarify that you tried everything and it didn’t start in the night. I offered you and the adjacent studio, for using both of them. I also, offered you my professional AC control. In the next morning you informed me that AC in the adjacent studio stopped working in the middle of the night also and started in the morning. I call our skilled workman, who didn’t find any problem. I didn’t have anything else to do, except to be waiting for the next step. The day after you inform me that you don’t pay for the breakfast, I say O.K. You ask for a discount, I say O.K. and I gave to you all my wishes upon your departure. As for the cats, yes, I love cats, but not only for myself, while, the most of my guests love them. That’s why I leave them to run around. But, I always ask my guests, if they want them. In case of any allergy, or just avoiding cats, I give a spray with water and suggest spraying some drops of water, in order the cats leave away. You didn’t mention any problem with allergy, or any bothering from the cats during your stay. As for the cleaning service, we collect every day garbage and change sheets, towels and cleaning every three days. I want to express my sorrow that I couldn’t offer you everything that you had imagine.
I realize that it is a big disappointment, if your expectations don’t come true.
I’m so worry, for being part of your disappointment.
Pepy Chatzimarkaki, owner

Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel has a great and quiet location on a cliff facing the mountain. You definitely need a car to move within the island from this hotel as it's far from everything.
The owner is very friendly and ready to help you with everything. Be prepared for mosquito bites as you will be in the middle of the greens.
Cleanness is average.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for a week and we completely lost track of time. What a nice, relaxed place this is. Nice little appartment, with a great terrace and a little kitchen. Beautiful oceanviews and we were welcomed with a nice bottle of wine and fruit basket. The owner Pepy is also very friendly and gives you a real welcome feeling.

Loved the place! Very romantic as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam3Carlos
Reviewed 1 November 2012

First reaction when I reached the Appartment : "This must be paradise!" The owner is such a nice lady, sweet grapes hanging above our heads were there for us to eat, the view was absolutely breathtaking. Spotless appartment, spacious, comfortable beds large private terrace overlooking the town below and the Aegean sea. Nice pool (water a bit chilly in October), I could go on and on. We loved everything about it!

Only negative was the internet was on and off but the owner would get it fixed right away if you let her know. Also, the steep, NARROW and twisty road to get there was scary. There is no fence what so ever to protect you from falling off the cliff. Luckily we did not meet any other car

Room Tip: upper rooms are more private