“We loved it!”

Rhapsody Traditional Apartments
Athens, Greece
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

It has big gardens,pretty nice rooms and very good prices.It's location is 3 minutes on foot from the central square of imerovigli..It's view is not from the caldera side but still is very good.And it is one of the cleanest hotels i have ever been and i mean it.The owner and manager of the hotel George is always there when you need him,always pleasant.I believe it is a very good choice!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
rethymno
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Rhapsody apartments is a very beautiful place to stay. Both the environment and the owners are friendly. My room had a breathtaking view and it was comfortable, clean with nice decoration. I totally recommend staying in these apartments because they combine quality with reasonable prices!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank agaph p
touf-touf, Owner at Rhapsody Traditional Apartments, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear guest,
We would like firstly to thank you for this comment and your stay at rhapsody traditional apartments.By your objective opinion help us to improve and to be better and better and the most important you defend the truth for Rhapsody apartments like all the other guests made before.
Thank you very much and we strongly belive that we will be among your preferences in future holidays.

Kind regards
kavallaris georgios
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Me and my girlfriend went on santorini and spend a week on this hotel. I have to admit that i wanted to look at the caldera from my room but in the end i decided to go with the best option for my pocket. and believe my i am glad i did. The rooms where nice clean and cozy and the owner was really friendly and told us of some really good places to go that i doubt we would have discovered otherwise. Even the view there was beautiful but i cant give it a five since 100 meters away was the caldera. Thanks George for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank makis a
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for this comment and your prefference for Rhapsody Apartments.
Your comment and acommodation here give us the opportunity to improve our services and apartments for the future guests.We strongly belive that you will share again in the future your holidays at Rhapsody apartments.

Kind regards
Kavallaris Georgios
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed there last summer July I think for one week.I use to look through comments and reviews for small hotels like Rhapsody because of the purity of the people there.Usually these kind of buiseness are familly running etc and this is what I like rather than big and impersonal hotels.So first day in Santorini, was really hot isl and durring that period by the way,after we get of the ferry.The owner was there waiting for me and my family and very soon we made friends while he drove us to Rhapsody apartments.I still remember how trafficed was the city center and streets too.Then a cold drink at rhapsody reception under very strong airconditining and owner gave informations for Santorini or what to see or what to do for the 7 days there.I think he had enormous patience and sincerity for all his guests and always willing and kind too.
Then we left him back to our apartment it was a quadruple apartment for 4 people and two bedrooms in two diferent rooms with living room,bathroom,private balcony,free wi-fi,tv AC etc.
Daily clean and fresh towels every day and the apartment was very clean every day too.
We took many usefull informations from the owner and then we start our exploration.
Not so many options for swimming beach but these 3-4 beaches was good enough although windy.Ia was very nice place we been there for 4 times in that week .A few more days relax and one week in Santorini is over.Owner again help us and carry us to the port again to get the ferry back to Athens and the back home.The general view from that trip in Santorini was very good for sure we liked Ia,Amoudi bay,Kamari, souvlaki restaurants and Rhapsody apartments of cousre.Trust small hotels are warmer and more friendly.
We definitely come back to Santorini and Rhapsody too.The experience was super from that island.Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I really hope the owner will response to this review as he has to the others.

Me and my girlfriend was meant to stay at Rhapsody for 3 nights in the second week of August 2011. We arrived there to be told by the owner that the room that we had booked was not available because the previous occupants had damaged the bathroom (which I can completely understand).

Where things really started to leave a bad taste in my mouth, was when he asked us if the agency had been in contact with us to inform us of the situation, then told us that he had been trying desperately to get in contact with them and had not been successful. (A bit of a contradiction).

We had been up since before 5am and only came to the realisation later on the day that he had all of my girlfriend's details, so instead of contacting them, he could have spoken to her or left a message.

But anyway, he told us it wasn't a problem, he owns has another apartment and we would be put in an apartment with the exact same conditions and price as the one that we had booked.

In truth the location was better, but that where the pros finished. The room was smaller, it did not have a kitchenette, the wifi came and went and slowly, slowly realised after speaking to the real owner's daughter (the owner could not speak English, so we found it difficult to air our dissatisfaction ), that the owner of Rhapsody did not own the hotel we were sent to. After a day, we finally managed to change rooms, but at the end we to argue with the owner that we were only going to pay the exact amount we agreed to pay for the booking with Rhapsody.

I am not doubting any of the positive reviews this place has received, but I hate being lied to and having to argue with people on my holiday, that I have spent a long time waiting for.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank doorgesh14
touf-touf, Owner at Rhapsody Traditional Apartments, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Please first of all I would like to thank you for this mail and to express my apologies although I was very clear and honest from my hand from the first moment I show you here please.
Obviously your basic problem is not Rhapsody Apartments but the other hotel you stayed and your
travel agency.As your travel agency explained to you I had this problem with bathroom.Then you accept the solution in a nearby hotel after you show that room.For the moment I can't see the contradiction you wrote about.
Regarding what happen at the other hotel durring your accomodation I think I am not responseble it is obvious I think.
I don't understand and the other people too what was excactly your problem?The fact that you didn't liked the other hotel? But you did show it first did you?Did you said yes I accept this deal?So now after long time you just write a review about Rhapsody Apartments you NEVER STAYED HERE .!!!!! So must be more carefull I think who says lies please.
Anyway we did everything was possible in coporation with your travel agency in order to make your vacations better in Santorini and we never cheat you or we take money from you for our services because you never stayed here at Rhapsody.
And my question is why you said yes for the alternative hotel and now you write against Rhapsody please?I think people have allready understand what has happen because people knows me like the guy who always helps,he is always honest as your agency confirm and he never says lies.

Thanks again.
Kavallaris Georgios
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Last Jully we visited Rhapsody apartments and Santorini island.Was our first time in Santorini and we liked very much.Also Rhapsody and George was super.
When we arrived there at Santorinis airport,George had already arrange for shuttle service (very economic by the way 7,5euro/person/way).George welcome us me and myy wife at Rhapsody reception and gave us many many usefull informations for the island,where to eat,what to see or what to do.Then he found for us a good deal for scooter rental.
George also show us the apartment.Apartment was lovely for us.There is a living room with sunlight coming through the windows,also kithcen for fast meals or breakfast.
The next room by the living room was the bedroom with big double bed and a lot of spaces for our clothes.Bathroom from the other hand was large too and very confortable.
Of course everything was very very clean and cleanning was every day,I think this service you cant find it in other hotels in the same category.
Also balcony in front of the apartment was super with nice view in calm.
In the kithcen there was tea maker,coffe machine,oven for cooking plates etc.
Location also in this apartments is very very good because is only 1,5Km distance to the center(Fira) or by bus in front of Rhapsody also walking distance following the walking path.
After 200meters distance from Rhapsody there was shops like supermarket,restaurants etc.
George was also helpfull durring our stay there and very helpfull too.
I liked that place and for sure I will be back again in a few years.
Your friends from Belgium.

Room Tip: Honestly all the apartments are so quiet ,large and sunny