“Not as you expect!”

Ranked #8 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Not as you expect!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Very nice place, but as others we where doublebooked. Dirty room, dirty towels. cat pooh out on sundeck+++ ang generaly poor, exept for Sergio who works there, he tries as good as he can. Was told by manager that we would get 50% refund. Has been waiting for this money for soon 3 months now. Everytime i take contact they say i will get it soon... You get hotels in the caldera that are much nicer for half the price!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Beltespenna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I visited Santorini for our one year anniversary end of July. We had originally come across Aqua Suites while researching hotels and suites in Santorini. Firstly the pictures took my breath away, loved the design, the aspect of space and a view from heaven.
We were extremely excited about this trip as it would be both our first time to travel to Santorini. From the moment we landed everything was organised and perfect. A car waiting to pick us up, luggage taken care of, a short car drive and we were in Imergovili. As we pulled off the main road, we opened our car doors and there was Sergio! We can not even describe how remarkable and hard working this man is!! The fact he carried 2 LARGE suitcases down and up these narrow cliff-side cobble roads to the hotel astonished us!!
Sergio does it ALL!!! Sergio assisted us with anything we needed for our pleasure. He arranged a romantic afternoon boat trip for us. He recommended some of the most beautiful restaurants for us to dine in. He made wonderful breakfasts for us every morning that was served on the table outside on terrace. While we would be lounging we would find him doing odd jobs here and there (i.e. repainting some of the stair case) never not doing anything productive. Apart from his wonderful hospitality and absolute hard work, he was a pleasure to just talk to. He has a very welcoming personality and was extremely mature! Just meeting him and getting to know him just made us love Aqua Suites and Sanotrini so much that we are definately going back next year! HE IS WONDERFUL!
We took the Honeymoon suite with outdoor pool. There is nothing we can complain about. The room was very clean, the terrace was perfect, the appliances in the kitchen were practical and easy to use. The bed was extremely comfortable(massage beds). Only issue was size of toilets too small but easily overlooked for all the positives. The best part of the room is the OUTDOOR pool. The view is breath-taking, words can not describe how amazing it was to just spend the entire day in that pool.
Only nuisance was the hotel next door to us which basically was side by side to Aqua, there were an old grumpy couple that huffed and puffed everytime we spoke and if we listened to music, to an extent they complained to police about us (and we werent even loud!!!!), but of course Sergio sorted it out without even informing us of all this mess until AFTER it was sorted it out( im telling ya, he does it all).
I recommend Aqua Suites to all couples that just want to get-away and be on an Island with views to die for... and i truly mean it when i say the its a hotel built with a view from Heaven....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Aqua Suites is one of the best places I have stayed in my life. Background: I have traveled to about 40 countries and I prefer Relais & Chateaux and Leading Hotels of the World properties; Aqua seriously exceeded my expectations. It is stunningly beautiful! And elegant! And clean! And with excellent service! And the views! Magnificent sunset views over the Caldera - though gazing at the Caldera any time of the day is breathtaking. Picking Aqua was kind of high-stakes for me: I was planning our honeymoon, and I wanted everything to be just right. And oooh, it really was. We stayed in a two-bedroom villa with ocean views, its own large patio (like a 5th room), its own hot tub on the deck, beautiful Italian linens, and even an elegant little kitchen with high-design appliances (I wanted to bring the Smeg fridge home with me. I would not have thought in advance that the *fridge* would e part of my memories of Santorini). And, the service was incredibly helpful and friendly. Our concierge, Sergio, made sure we were effortlessly set up with exactly the sailing excursions, dining experiences, and airport transfers that we wanted/needed. I would recommend Aqua Suites to any of my friends, without hesitation, and definitely hope to go back. Maybe for our 5th anniversary. :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
filipine
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Aqua is definitely a nice hotel with nice rooms and all comforts of a beautiful holiday.We had a big room and a personal jacuzzi of course together with a terrace on the cliff.
We spent the best days of our lives to Aqua Suites Hotel Santorini.Really want this way to thank Sergio for everything he did for us, professional style to serve a delicious breakfast.His omelets was definitely the best we ever tried.His way to serve wine surprised us all because he knew so much about that wine and about the taste.It`s incredible how he run almost all day on those stairs,how he pick up our luggage without any problem(the luggage were quite heavy.Thanks Sergio.
I can say about the hotel is wonderful, a great place with a very nice manager who helped us with all possible information.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Santorini is a place that God made for the specific purpose of taking your breath away. My wife and I read some great reviews about the place on tripadvisor and booked Aqua Suites for our honeymoon after looking at some of the great things people had to say about it. And undoubtedly it was one of the best decisions we made. We informed the hotel that we would be going there for our honeymoon and would love their assistance to make our stay memorable. They gave us one of the finest rooms they had, and what a room it was. With a view of the sea, the islands and the volcano from what is referred to as the balcony of Santorini, I could not believe how beautiful it was. Andy, the receptionist/manager, was an absolute sweetheart. She was extremely helpful and gave us all the advice and help we needed. Furthermore, we had to checkout very early in the morning and she was there herself to ensure that we had no problems doing so (by early I mean at 5 in the morning!). Our room had an excellent deck with an outdoor hot-tub and the breakfast there was excellent as well. In all, I would give this place a solid 10 if not more. It truly was a beautiful place to spend our honeymoon in and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Just ask! Everyone there is helpful!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank malikbari
Shanghai
Reviewed 9 February 2011

If heaven exists, then I think I found it in Santorini. I brought my girlfriend here in 2008 to propose. How could she say no?!

Aqua Suites is located in a little town just north of Fira (the main town). It is close enough to the Fira and Oia but far enough away that you get a lot of privacy.

The view is absolutely breathtaking. You feel like a god looking down on the Earth. We stayed in the main suite with the mini pool and spend most of our time lounging around the patio. The service was amazing - George and the rest of the staff did everything they could to make sure we had the best experience.

The only drawback was the price - this place isn't cheap but if you ever feel the urge the spoil yourself, I can't think of a better place (and I have travelled a lot in my life!)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This was pure bliss, hands down the most romantic place my boyfriend and I have been, and we travel frequently. We stayed in the honeymoon suite with outdoor jacuzzi, and it was even better than you see in the pictures on the website (please take the time to look at the pictures I have uploaded). Everything was thought of, we thought breakfast was wonderful, and the service impeccable.

Guys if you visit Santorini you MUST stay here!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple