You could not argue with the fact that this hotel has one of the best views of any hotel in the world . It is worth a visit simply to have uninterupted acess to the view. And it is the view that distracts from some minor points that stop this hotel from being absolutely perfect.
I agree with the earlier response that there were some minor service issues which are concerning.
It is worth noting that this hotel is spread across 7 levels and starts half way down the cliff so one needs to be mindful of the effort it takes to come and go from the hotel. Although your bags are managed by a team of fabuolous young men. In addition it is a hot 30 minute walk from the town centre. There is really nothing around the hotel itself in terms of shopping and other eateries. Perfect if you are content with lazing by the pool all day. It does get extremely hot given that all guest areas are surrounded by concrete and lava. Being a boutique hotel the common areas are small and offer little privacy. Go for a larger room or suite if you plan on staying put. There is a distinct lack of privacy in most of the accomodation area due to common walkways.
We too experienced a warm welcome but felt the personal service was missing as time passed. We arrived early ( due to boat scedules). And were left to swelter for 3 hours until the room became available - there was no respite as the power had gone off and there was no a/c available.
Service can be slow - but i guess that's all part of a greek island holiday! The dinner was superb as was the breakfast - although with a small menu i imagine it would get a little tiresome after a few days - we only stayed 2 days.
Bottom line is i would recommend the grace - with some minor reservations and qualifications.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Santorini, of Grace Hotels Group, is an exclusive luxury boutique hotel in a spectacular location high on the Caldera. It has been designed to integrate perfectly with its unique environment and offers 180 degrees unobstructed views. From its setting on the exclusive Imerovigli hillside in northwest Santorini, guests can enjoy the famed Aegean sunsets over the Cyclades. This graceful property with its individually styled suites and bedrooms appeals to those seeking the ultimate romantic escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grace Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santorini Grace Imerovigli
- Hotel Santorini Grace
- Grace Santorini Hotel Imerovigli