“Stunning 5 Star Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Imerovigli
Sydney, Australia
“Stunning 5 Star Hotel”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Grace Santorini was the last destination after traveling around Europe for 3 weeks and it was out of this world. The location is absolutely perfect, and I believe has the best view on the Island. The actual hotel is beautiful, the rooms are large, minimalistic architecture. The bathroom is nice, with a very large shower and our room had a plunge pool overlooking the Caldera.

We were very happy with the food, including the breakfasts. I have noticed people complain about the breakfasts which are served as courses which may not suit everyone. Something to note is that the Grace offer to cook you what ever you like. It is printed in black and white on their breakfast menu.

The service at the Grace is really what makes it a very special place. We were greeted by the Assistant Manager Georgia who could not do enough for us during our stay, really understanding what we liked, and helping us make plans. You can see that the staff here are trained well and really understand what 5 star customer service is.

I like to write objective reviews and the only thing I can mention that may be an issue for some people are the stairs. Santorini is build on the cliffs and most hotels here have stairs. I personally didn't find the stairs an issue at all, but rather my saviour to help me burn off the calories from all the wonderful food we were eating in Santorini. But if you had issues with stairs, or were very overweight and physically unfit, this stairs may be an issue. Having said this, there were many guests that were in their 50's - 60s who did not have any issues either.

This was my second Grace experience, having stayed at the Grace Mykonos last year. I am looking forward to my next Grace experience!

Thank you to Georgia and the team!

3 Thank Steven C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We spent a week at the hotel with our two grown up daughters in the private villa within the hotel. My wife and I had our own large suite with private spa and my daughters had a separate double within the villa. It also included 2 large terraces and a private pool large enough to do lengths in. It has the best view of sunsets on the whole island. From collection at the airport to the end the staff were excellent in their attention to our requirements. Our allocated butler was almost telepathic. The chef visited on the days we ate in to ask us what food we would like to be served in our own dining area. We hosted a small dinner party for some friends and the hotel organised it all. Breakfast was whatever we wanted it to be, which was mostly yogurt and honey and coffee (which was the only thing I didn't like). We had the use of the hotel people carrier for our entire stay included in the price. When I came to leave I was prepared for a large bill but was surprised to find the costs much below my expectation. Our butler gave us a gift on departure.

The hotel has walking access to a small hillock in the caldera that can be climbed and there are many small pedestrian paths to explore in the area. The main pool area is very pretty with the same views. You can walk to Oia along the crater rim in 2 hours.

Imerovigli is very quiet compared to Oia but is in the better position for views. I think it is a shame that the hotel main restaurant has very small windows and therefore no views.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jonnycm
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

As previous reviewers have commented, some people will always find something to complain about, usually because they're trying to solicit free champagne or a discount (we had one such woman doing just that during our stay!). Last week, Santorini was hit by a major power outage when the main power station was damaged by an explosion and fire. Cue Joseph and the team springing into action to ensure that guests hardly noticed. When other restaurants on the island had to close, chef Spyros and team cooked by torchlight, serving up delicious dinners. The service was immaculate, good humour prevailed, you would never have guessed the pressure all the staff must have been under. This is the true test of the service ethic....it's easy when things are going well, but very difficult under these circumstances. I cannot praise them enough. Over and above this, lots of lovely little touches too numerous to mention, the last one being one of the team delivering us a sandwich each for our trip home...and refusing to charge us! An exceptional experience in an exceptional hotel staffed by exceptional people!

5 Thank RosieandTheBeagle
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July as a family to celebrate my daughter's 21st Birthday. From the moment we were met at the airport we knew that the experience of the Grace was going to be special. We were transported to the Hotel in an air conditioned car and was immediately offered cold flannels; fruit and bottled water, which was very welcome. When we arrived at the hotel, two porters helped us with our bags and guided us down the pathway to the Grace Reception, where we were met by George who promptly gave us a glass of champagne and told us about the hotel and the facilities. We were then taken to our Suite which was more than big enough to sleep the three of us. The room had fresh flowers and a lovely bottle of champagne to welcome us! The patio had breath taking views over the Caldera and had a small plunge pool which was a welcome relief on the days that we stayed on our patio to sunbathe! The breakfasts each day were amazing with lots of choice and if there was something that we did not like, the waiters got the kitchen to cook us something different!
Everytime we wanted to find a restaurant to eat out in, George or Ben recommended us one and we did not have a bad meal during our stay.
On the Sunday evening we had a meal in the Hotel, to celebrate my daughter's 21st and the Chef Spyros came to talk to us after breakfast one day to plan the meal to our tastes - all I can say is that the meal was out of this world!!!
I would definitely recommend a visit to this fabulous hotel and location! I would not hesitate to return in the future.

Room Tip: We asked for a Superior Suite and got Room 56 which was very private and spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank REDKR211
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Grace hotel for 7 nights. I cannot understand how anyone could complain about this hotel, it is absolutely stunning. I had very high expectations because it does look so impressive online, well... it lived up to my expectations! Having just read a negative comment about the breakfast, it has to be said that some people just LOVE to complain. The breakfast is absolutely faultless. I guess you could complain that there's too much food, amongst your 3-5 course sit down meal with optional champagne, looking over the Caldera! I know some guests didn't even need to entertain having lunch because the breakfast was just so filling (and lovely!). We booked a Superior suite which was stunning. The room was a good size, the bed was big and very comfortable. Our HUGE balcony was out of this world, with stunning views, a plunge pool (albeit small but we wasn't training for the olympics). The suite was very private, there's quite a few steps but our suite was situated towards the bottom of the hotel which felt very secluded. The room was always spotless, the maids must clean about 3 times a day, you're always left complimentary water (so they should but some of these 'luxury' hotels don't!). Each night you would receive a menu of what to expect on the menu at breakfast the next day. The hotel pool is a good size, from what we saw from other hotels, quite large in comparison. The staff were friendly and attentive. The only thing i would say that isn't quite so positive is, the hotel drinks are very expensive, around 16-18 euros for a cocktail but generally (if you go to the restaurants that the hotel recommend), Santorini is very expensive, more so than Mykonos in my opinion. The Grace hotel did not disappoint us in any way, we thought it was heavenly! Book the Grace!!

Room Tip: Superior suite, very private and secluded with HUGE balcony.
4 Thank 80gemmam
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I can not say enough great things about the Grace and their staff. This was our final stop on our honeymoon in Greece and they made sure we relaxed and had everything we needed. The views from all areas of the hotel is breathtaking! Our room was a honeymoon suite which was very large with a private plunge pool. I highly recommend this hotel for any honeymooners or couples looking to relax and soak in some sun.
We only ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel and both were great!
The staff is what makes the hotel a gem. Anytime we walked near reception they made sure to come out and give us a glass of champagne. They also brought us a bottle of champagne when we checked in!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JDM210
Bexley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

After staying at the stunning Grace in Mykonos last year, we had no hesitation in booking the Grace Santorini for 2013. After reading the reviews on trip Advisor we requested a room at the top away from the steps and were not disappointed. Room 33 was perfect. On arrival the greeting is warm and they had even phoned us when our flight landed to make sure that we were able to find the hotel. There was glass of champagne on arrival and wine and fruit in our room. The access route to the hotel includes some very steep cobbled steps but the view from all balconies is amazing. I suggest sensible footwear and a torch are important bits of kit (luckily we had the torch app on our iphones) and had I had my trainers, I would have done a lot more exploring. The Grace breakfast offered a good choice of options but anything not on the menu can be ordered. Champagne every morning is a nice touch and complements the amazing view from the terrace. There was a wedding in the hotel on our first day which set alarm bells ringing as the whole terrace was taken over and wedding guests were peering over the reception area directly onto our terrace. It would have been nice to have been informed. We cancelled our dinner reservation and swiftly left the hotel to explore the many cobbled paths and soon realised that there were some good bars and restaurants nearby. (This was the downside of Grace Mykonos as you couldn't really walk safely along the main road). We had perfect views of the sunset every evening. Overall I love this hotel and would definitely revisit. Things that could be better: more local information with walking routes etc and a shuttle bus into Fira and/or Oia.

Room Tip: We liked 33. Rooms at the bottom can be disturbed by people on the public footpath. The Villa and th...
1 Thank Kerry63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#15 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Katikies Hotel
Andronis Luxury Suites
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Grace Santorini Hotel? Share your experiences!