“Look no further, heaven on earth.”

Grace Santorini Hotel
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place was heaven on earth. Santorini itself is beautiful and provides the perfect amount of activity, not so much that you feel guilty for kicking back a bit. The service is what really sets this place aside (although the INCREDIBLE view and beautiful hotel help.) great staff on reception, nothing was too much trouble! Restaurant staff were also flawless, they really go the extra mile to make your day, though I won't give away the lovely little suprises and extras. Breakfast is outstanding to top it off. I can't really express how wonderful, it was. I highly recommend a Greek Garden cocktail from lovely Spyros too. I was almost in tears to say goodbye to some of the staff, and Georgia gave us a very welcome hug when we left. Exceptional! Perfection! We will be back!!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taunton1987

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from a three day stay at the Grace. Its a truly relaxing experience and unbelievably calm and serene surroundings. the views are phenomenal and the infinity pool is surreal. We feel like we have had a two week holiday, we are so chilled. The best and quietest 3 night sleep ever, especially with their amazing pillows.
Cons...the service is slow around the pool; our morning espresso took ages, the portions are very small, especially beware of the Greek Salad for lunch...£12 for two mouthfuls.
The disgusting smell of sewage is all around the pool and around our bathroom every day! Not age friendly as it has loads of steps, but great as it has no kids.
Otherwise a truly wonderful hotel and will be going back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location of this hotel is unbeatable, it has amazing views and is a short walk to nearby good quality restaurants. The service was first class and the food quality was excellent, especially the breakfasts. This hotel had lovely touches like terraces with private plunge pools, complementary fruit platters, and an amazing infinity pool. I can honestly say this holiday was one of the best i've been on and it was comparable to other holidays i have taken in Mauritius, Dubai and Maldives. If you want pure relaxation with unrivalled views and first class service, this is the place for you.

Tip, ladies be warned that due to the location of this hotel there are lots of steps in and out of the hotel / resort, wearing heels wasn't an option and i wished i had taken more flat shoes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Twitkin
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We got married at the Rocabella hotel and moved to the Grace for our second week of honeymoon. The Grace is easily the best hotel we've stayed at. Joseph and his team certainly know how to create a relaxed atmosphere with very attentive staff and where nothing is too much trouble. Our room (62), with its own plunge pool was a very good size and very comfortable, I don't think I've ever slept so well in a hotel (there was a pillow menu too!). It was right at the bottom of the cliff, so if you're not good with steps ask for a higher up room! The views of the Caldera from this hotel are fantastic as the hotel is in an elevated position. It's only about a 25 minute walk into the capital, Thira - lovely walk in around the coast path in the evening, taking in the sunset with a few wine stops on the way! The main pool area with its gorgeous infinity pool is to die for - I'm missing it as I write! The food is brilliant, our complimentary 4 course dinner (with wine) was cooked for us by the head chef, he actually came to our table to ask us what we would like him to cook for us - the main course of cuttlefish with black ink risotto was out of this world. Breakfast was awesome too, champagne, smoothies, yoghurts, savouries, eggs every which way & much much more appeared on the menu the night before (as part of the turn down service) or you can ask for something else. Also make sure you ask Spyros the head bar man to make you a Greek Garden cocktail! My wife and I thoroughly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to return to it soon!

1  Thank TimU U
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just about to leave the Grace Hotel, Santorini and thought I should write my review while still here.

If you have ever been to the Maldives, like me you may have been struck by how blue the sea is and the peace and tranquility.

On the day of our arrival a week ago, we were sitting on the huge terrace outside our room (No.16, The Caldera suite) and despite being probably hundreds of feet above the seashore, I turned to my wife and said "for some reason this reminds me of the Maldives". I think it was a combination of the brilliant blue sea, the gorgeous sunny outlook and the peace and tranquility of the Grace hotels location. Despite being built into the side of the cliff and having other resorts relatively close by sound doesn't seem to travel much.

The Grace is a small but beautifully formed five star hotel with stunning views over the Caldera, Skaros rock and has the best sunsets on the Island. The staff are some of the friendliest we have ever met of our travels. Demitres and Spyros in the restaurant were fantastic and deserve a special mention.

Our room; the Caldera suite was wonderful and very, very clean. Large comfortable bed and a choice of pillows. It has a large seating area where you can sprawl on a sofa if you need a rest from the sun and a large fabulous terrace complete with plunge pool. There is a main infinity pool but we didn't use it as our terrace was so nice.

As regards "the number of steps" mentioned in other reviews, I feel this has been exaggerated and unless you have problems walking any distance I wouldn't worry about them.

The only minor complaints we had relate to the reception. They seem rather forgetful at times. If you wish them to book a restaurant ask them to confirm. If you book a taxi, insist that they advise you when it arrives.

That said all in all, a simply fantastic hotel that deserves its five star rating and reviews.

Room Tip: Room 16 - Caldera suite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Dear Joseph and your wonderful staff
we would like to thank you all for the wonderful relaxing time we had in your amazing hotel
thanks for being so attentive to us, and trying all your best to create for us a unforgettable vacation

so if you are looking for a quiet peaceful exceptional view hotel in Santorini
I highly recommend this hotel
see you all next year.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Wow,

This was the best hotel i've ever had.

When we arrived in Santorini airport, they picked us up with a cold drink, fruit and a towel. Then they brought us to the hotel immediately. There we were met Aphorodite (sorry for the possible spelling) a lovely lady from the reception. She gave us both a glass of champagne and showed us the caldera and introduced us in the hotel grounds and staff.
Our room was room 41, very nice with the only remark that the jacuzzi is not private because its located along a pathway to skaros. So we did not use our jacuzzi a lot. This is the only remark i have.
Everything else was perfect. The pool with amazing view well maintained and very quiet.
The restaurant serves the best food i ever ate. Chef Spyros is a guy who can cook. Amazing is all i can say.
Spyros the coctail maker was also a very friendly guy and dimitris at the bar also. But in general everybody was very nice and friendly.
The room was always very clean.
The hotel does some good excursion suggestions and restaurants recommendations.
I will certainly come back 1 day. I advised my parents to go.
So this was a perfect stay and we were sad to leave. Aphrodite gave us a hug goodbay and we left with a last amazing view on the caldera.

I do very much recommend this hotel when staying in santorini.

Kind regards,

Room Tip: Look for a room in the center of the hotel and not alongside the pathway to skaros for more privacy.
2  Thank Frederik3581
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Chromata Hotel
#7 of 51 in Imerovigli
Honeymoon Petra Villas
Honeymoon Petra Villas
#17 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Grace Santorini Hotel? Share your experiences!