“Breathtaking!!!”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
perth
“Breathtaking!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I don't know where to start............i had tears in my eyes when we walked down the stairs to reception........just incredible!! The stunning view, perfect location, the amazing friendly and professional staff, the rooms with own private plunge pool, beautiful food, delicious cocktails, unforgettable sunsets...i could go on and on.
Martina, Joseph and the team will look after you from the moment you arrive.....welcoming you with a glass of champagne whilst you check in.
Even with the hotel full, it's so quiet & peaceful feeling like you're the only ones there.
I can see why this is an award winning hotel, I am so glad we chose to stay here. After spending a few days on the island, we couldn't even see anywhere else that could even compare. 10mins to Thira & 15mins to Oia, perfect location.
I envy anyone who is about to book this hotel....enjoy enjoy enjoy!!
My boyfriend and I had such an amazing few days.....he even proposed on the last night!! Be prepared for some romance!!
Jo & Scott from Fremantle, Australia

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoannaPitcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Where do I begin?! "Heaven" is the only word that could accurately describe our experience at Santorini Grace. We JUST returned after a four-night stay and wish more than anything we could have extended our trip.
For those of you reading this, I, like you, read at least 100 reviews of Santorini hotels. Because I enjoy choosing boutique properties with modern design and amenities, the Grace immediately appealed to me. I could not be more thankful that I went with my gut instinct and chose Santorini Grace. I will be completely honest with you: there is NO view that compares to the one from every room at Santorini Grace. Imeriovigli's unique position on the caldera COMPLETELY rivals Oia. I did not realize until being there that the exclusive hotels in Oia DO NOT have a sunset view, which seems to be the main reason people stay in Oia in the first place! What Oia does have is easy walking access to shops and restaurants. But, my husband and I actually preferred the quietness of Imeriovigli, and the opportunity to walk somewhat short distances to restaurants in both Firostefani and Fira. It helped burn off all of the excessive calories we indulged in during the course of our stay! My husband and I are active, and LOVED the opportunity to do a mid-morning walk/hike to Oia for lunch one day (1.5-2hrs). It was fantastic, and had the most stunning views the entire way. Firostefani is an easy 15 minute walk, while Fira is about 25 minutes. (Note that you can take a taxi to any of these island locations in less than 10 min.) Also note that these walks are all along a well-marked path that is DIRECTLY along the caldera, and RIGHT outside the entrance to the hotel. So easy!!
If you are looking to relax by the pool during your stay, there is NO better place than Santorini Grace. It boasts 2 beautiful pools, one of which is the most spectacular infinity pool I have ever seen. By day, all of the friendly, chic hotel guests could be found lounging by the pool or on their way to different island activities, including wine tasting and volcanic boat trips. (We took a private boat tour with Panos, recommended by the hotel, and he was AMAZING). By night, people gather at the bar for pre-dinner cocktails and enjoy each other's company if desired.
Rooms are modern, spacious, very clean, and the beds are SUPER comfortable. Plunge pools and patios look directly onto the caldera, and watching the sunset from RIGHT outside your room is heaven (I'll repeat it again). Last, but not least, Martina and Joseph, who manage the property, are two of the most genuinely kind hoteliers we have ever encountered. Their hands on approach to the property is rare, to say the least, and they are available for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you may need during your stay. Joseph was even available at one in the morning to help me deal with my lost purse. Had it not been for him, I would have never had it returned, and for that, I will be eternally grateful.
Hands down, the ULTIMATE hotel choice on Santorini.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clsilver24
Greece
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Without exception, everything was superb and well thought out.
We had a fabulous time and enjoyed Santorini very much.
The service was great , professional but personal. The management were always visible and attentive as were the staff.
We stayed in the new Grace Suite VIP and absolutely loved it! All of the rooms at Santorini Grace are absolutely amazing (with stunning views of the Caldera and sunset )
The food was great quality. Congratulations to the Chefs.
I couldn't recommend this enough for a relaxing and chilled experience

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Majunga58
San Rafael, CA
Reviewed 23 October 2009

My husband and I spent months looking for the perfect hotel for our honeymoon. We finally decided to stay at the Santorini Grace, which was AMAZING! Without a doubt, the view from this hotel is the best on the island. You are smack in the middle of the caldera and have a 180 degree unobstructed view from Fira to Oia. Just spectacular. The hotel is spectacular, modern and unique, and the service is just great. Joseph and Martina, the managers, are really friendly and helpful. They gave us excellent restaurant suggestions on the island, and were very attentive to our needs. Our honeymoon suite was beautifully furnished, and the bed was super comfortable. We had our own plunge pool-hot tub overlooking the caldera. Perfect place to watch the sunset. There is good reason for this gem to be on the Conde Nast HOT list this year! Although the hotel is pricey, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Kent
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We recently spent 9 nights at this stunning hotel and had the most wonderful time. We understand that since our return it has been awarded yet another accolade from within the travel industry, yet it has only been operational for 2 years. The Grace Management team clearly know what is important for their guests and are getting recognition despite not having all of their planned features available yet.
The hotel seems to have prime position overlooking the Caldera and, as such, every room benefits from the spectacular view that unfolds from its’ terrace. Our Honeymoon Suite (one of 3) was beautifully equipped (my God the bed was so large and comfortable) and every day presented a fresh vista with weather conditions and sun strength influencing the panorama of Caldera and local Greek islands. And then each evening you catch your breath at the spectacular sunsets. Very, very special and totally relaxing.
Dinner at the hotel proved to be both romantic and delicious. The chef is very talented and will be able to extend his skills further next year when apparently a new kitchen and dining room will be added overcoming current menu limitations. And of course, a superb champagne breakfast is served up to 11.30 each day giving you the opportunity of a very restful stay.
We did feel that the absence of a spa was a drawback back but were pleased to learn that this will be added during the winter building work, along with a new library/lounge and a new reception.
Although we did not use the gym, we did enjoy our walks along the top of the Caldera into the main town of Fira taking numerous pictures to capture the beauty along the whole stretch. And for someone with problematic knees the downhill stroll took no more than 50 minutes (90 if you stop for a drink at one of the beautiful bars along the way) and was well worthwhile as a variety of shops and restaurants were available in this lively environment, clearly very popular with cruise operators.
We are convinced that once the additions have been completed for opening next spring, the Santorini Grace will be very hard to beat. We cannot wait to return although it has to be said is not for those with mobility problems.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed 30 September 2009

After reading the wonderful reviews about Santorini Grace, I had high expectations. To tell the truth, I wasn't blown away by the hotel, when I saw it and will definitely not say that this is one of the best hotels that I have stayed at.

We had an enjoyable stay, Santorini is beautiful and Imerovigli is a nice place to stay if you want some peace and quiet.

We stayed at a Junior Suite, the room doesn't look very clean, but maybe this is not the fault of the hotel. Because it was very windy and there is probably much volcanic ash. The bathroom was also not very well ventilated, and hence there was a bit of a musty smell.

Location - it is really quite a long walk from the car park, so be prepared for it. Kudos to the service staff who carried our two very heavy luggage all the way from the car park to the hotel. Thanks.

Service - was a mixed bag. Some staff are really friendly like those who served us during breakfast and dinner, but the other staff were not too friendly in my opinion. One thing that was very much appreciated was that they arranged our car rental and collected our ferry tickets for us. However, I think that Mykonos Grace has a higher service standard. (Will post a review for Mykonos Grace). Maybe Santorini Grace can provide complimentary transfers to and fro Fira town. (just like Mykonos Grace)

Breakfast was wonderful! Great selection and really delicious. I dare say it must be one of the best breakfast served in Santorini.

Overall it is a nice lovely hotel, but just not one that blew me away....maybe my expectations were too high.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LitteMay
London
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We booked at the santorini grace for two reasons. Firstly because if you read the reviews on this site you'd think it was the best hotel in the world anywhere and secondly because you get 10% off the room rate if you stay at both the mykonos grace and santorini grace within a certain time period, which we were doing. Having just come from the Mykonos Grace (a better hotel, but not without issues either), we were hoping for and expecting good things. How wrong we were..

Firstly, not the hotels fault, the area of Imerovigli is probably not the best place to stay on the island. The views are great, as they are from most places on the caldera to be honest, but once you have taken those in and got over it (pretty quickly) you soon realise that you are extremely high up (windy) and a decent drive (let alone walk) from virtually any restaurant or place of interest outside the hotel - and no Vassilis, helpful friendly and efficient as you are, Fira is NOT a 20 minute walk from the hotel, more like 50 minutes there and about an hour back. Now, I am (relatively) young and fit and so is my girlfriend, so we didn't mind the walk to and from the street to the hotel on the first day or so, but after that it did become a bit of a grind, and to be honest is not advisable to anyone who might have any back, heart, leg or general fitness issues, or young kids.

Secondly, when you get to the hotel, via a long winding path and a large number of steps, you will most likely be struck with the fact that it looks a little bit cramped and unfinished (mostly because it is). The reception area is very sub standard (a cubby hole) and is actually an extension of the breakfast area, which in turn is right next to the kitchen service area and which is therefore noisy. This area also seems to double up as the staff lounging and meeting area and hence is an uncomfortable mix of everything and is entirely unconducive to relaxing and having your breakfast, lunch or dinner. The unintended good news about this though is that it forces you to spend more time away from the hotel in order to eat.

And so thirdly, to the food. No one really eats at the hotel restaurant because they are either in their room getting roomservice, or more pertinently, because they have been put off by the poor menu, even poorer cooking, the extraordinarily fussy and amateur service, the awful ambience and to top it off, the exhorbitant pricing. Desperate changes are needed in this department.

Fourthly, the rooms are disappointing too. Ours smelt of damp and had a sunbed outside for our use that was pretty dirty and uninviting. The room was a good walk down the cliff too. The cleaning and turndown service was also hit and miss and, explain this to me Grace hotels, why does the Mykonos Grace give free bottles of water at turndown, but not the Santorini Grace? Nice views from the rooms though and they are relatively spacious i guess.

I've given up on numbering now.. How about the bar area, somewhere nice for a late afternoon drink with some soft music, comfy chairs, maybe a board game, a bit of shade, a place to relax and take in the views. Well, let me know when you've found the place. The imposter bar that this hotel has is stuck in the corner next to the unnecessary (and freezing) second pool and is facing the wrong way. The barman is a misery guts too (when he is there). No thanks. The pool area? The new one is better than the old one and has great views, but again the water is freezing, has poor service in that towels are often not available when you want them and the bar service is at the other, redundant, pool.

I'm bored of writing now as I could go on for a while and i need to leave the office. The hotel is a work in progress and is being opened in stages with, I think, a spa and new reception area and a few more rooms being built for next year. Perhaps, this will address one or two of the minor concerns, but I'd suggest that the bigger issues which need addressing are ones of price and of management. Oh, did I mention that one of the management 'couple' introduced themselves to us...on the last day.. on our way to the airport. Nice touch..

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
13 Thank cityboy75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Astra Suites
#11 of 48 in Imerovigli
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#7 of 55 in Oia
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Grace Santorini Hotel? Share your experiences!