We spent 5 wonderful nights of our honeymoon in the VIP suite, #44, and without a doubt Grace made our stay truly memorable. Before we even arrived to after we checked out, everyone at the hotel was so helpful and made such an effort to meet our every request.
The room itself is plenty spacious and clean and has an absolutely fantastic balcony with an amazing view. The bed was quite comfortable and we could have spent hours in the double shower/steam room. Truthfully we never made it to either of the hotel pools since we were more than content to spend the time on our balcony or in our personal plunge pool. The staff was always available and friendly but never obtrusive.
We took Grace up on their suggestion for a private excursion with Captain Panos. Absolutely fantastic! While he has such great knowledge of the island and takes his guests to some lovely private spots; the highlight might have been his food! Included in the trip was some local dishes prepared by the Captain himself and did he ever over-deliver! From the first moment we got a whiff of his food while we were still snorkeling to the last drop of wine, it was so much more than we could have expected. Tomato balls, fried cheese, locally made sausage, fried white eggplant and several more dishes all made for an absolute feast.
We twice asked for restaurant recommendations from the hotel and both times they delivered exactly what we were looking for on that particular evening (Sunset Fish Tavern for seafood and waterfront atmosphere and Roca for a casual restaurant with traditional Greek dishes). I’d definitely recommend the restaurants to anyone else visiting Santorini.
Maybe the best moment of the hotel stay and such a great example of how far they go to treat their customers like guests was our experience with one of the young ladies who served us breakfast every morning. My wife absolutely loved the honey in Santorini and we were inquiring with our server at the hotel what brand the hotel served and where we could get it. We started talking and she actually offered to personally bring in honey for us produced by someone she knew on the island. The very next morning, our last at the hotel, she presented us a huge jar of locally produced honey….canned within the last 24 hours!! When we offered to pay her for it, she insisted on not taking any money. Every time we eat it, it’s such a great reminder of Santorini and the wonderful experience at Grace.
One final note…we were unable to leave Santorini on our departure date due to high winds on the island. After a grueling day at the airport dealing with cancellations and flight re-bookings, we were faced with the reality of another night on the island. We were able to get in touch with Grace and while no more rooms were available, they were happy to provide a couple suggestions that had availability. We made our choice while still at the airport and Grace took care of calling the other hotel and letting them know we’d be staying there for a night and that we'd be arriving shortly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grace Santorini, of Grace Hotels Group, is an exclusive luxury boutique hotel in a spectacular location high on the Caldera. It has been designed to integrate perfectly with its unique environment and offers 180 degrees unobstructed views. From its setting on the exclusive Imerovigli hillside in northwest Santorini, guests can enjoy the famed Aegean sunsets over the Cyclades. This graceful property with its individually styled suites and bedrooms appeals to those seeking the ultimate romantic escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Grace Santorini Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santorini Grace Imerovigli
- Hotel Santorini Grace
- Grace Santorini Hotel Imerovigli