“Fabulous Honeymoon Stay”

Grace Santorini Hotel
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We spent 5 wonderful nights of our honeymoon in the VIP suite, #44, and without a doubt Grace made our stay truly memorable. Before we even arrived to after we checked out, everyone at the hotel was so helpful and made such an effort to meet our every request.

The room itself is plenty spacious and clean and has an absolutely fantastic balcony with an amazing view. The bed was quite comfortable and we could have spent hours in the double shower/steam room. Truthfully we never made it to either of the hotel pools since we were more than content to spend the time on our balcony or in our personal plunge pool. The staff was always available and friendly but never obtrusive.

We took Grace up on their suggestion for a private excursion with Captain Panos. Absolutely fantastic! While he has such great knowledge of the island and takes his guests to some lovely private spots; the highlight might have been his food! Included in the trip was some local dishes prepared by the Captain himself and did he ever over-deliver! From the first moment we got a whiff of his food while we were still snorkeling to the last drop of wine, it was so much more than we could have expected. Tomato balls, fried cheese, locally made sausage, fried white eggplant and several more dishes all made for an absolute feast.

We twice asked for restaurant recommendations from the hotel and both times they delivered exactly what we were looking for on that particular evening (Sunset Fish Tavern for seafood and waterfront atmosphere and Roca for a casual restaurant with traditional Greek dishes). I’d definitely recommend the restaurants to anyone else visiting Santorini.

Maybe the best moment of the hotel stay and such a great example of how far they go to treat their customers like guests was our experience with one of the young ladies who served us breakfast every morning. My wife absolutely loved the honey in Santorini and we were inquiring with our server at the hotel what brand the hotel served and where we could get it. We started talking and she actually offered to personally bring in honey for us produced by someone she knew on the island. The very next morning, our last at the hotel, she presented us a huge jar of locally produced honey….canned within the last 24 hours!! When we offered to pay her for it, she insisted on not taking any money. Every time we eat it, it’s such a great reminder of Santorini and the wonderful experience at Grace.

One final note…we were unable to leave Santorini on our departure date due to high winds on the island. After a grueling day at the airport dealing with cancellations and flight re-bookings, we were faced with the reality of another night on the island. We were able to get in touch with Grace and while no more rooms were available, they were happy to provide a couple suggestions that had availability. We made our choice while still at the airport and Grace took care of calling the other hotel and letting them know we’d be staying there for a night and that we'd be arriving shortly

Reviewed 27 June 2010

in the words of the song i left my heart in --- this time it is" Santorini". What a place what a hotel. From the minute you arrive in the Grace hotel your worries and troubles just fly away.
Welcomed with a glass of chilled champagne then shown to our lovely cool white room with a view to die for nothing else mattered for five days. It is chilled relaxed beautiful. Lots of couples but a good mix of young and the not so young. Sure the hotel has some down points the climb up to the top of the road is not for everyone especially in the heat but thankfully there is no bags to carry up or down, this is all taken care of. If there is just one tiny complaint maybe the staff are a little too chilled like their guests, Breakfast order was wrong a couple of times, but to be honest nothing really mattered to us. Well done to the team. cant wait to try another Grace hotel soon

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Like the 2 previous reviews I can not speak highly enough about the Santorini Grace. The view is out of this world., the service is second to none, the staff are Excellent.
I would most definatly stay here again, so peaceful, relaxing, romantic and you never tire of looking out on that view
5 Star plus hotel. Bed is soo compfortable, breakfast was superb
We stayed in room 51, was just fantastic

Reviewed 23 June 2010

I began liasing with Martina a whole year before our stay, as we had decided to get married in the hotel and Martina was soooo helpful from the beginning. I was very impressed with her `can do attitude`- everything we threw at her she handled with grace and professionalism- so we were impressed even before we arrived.
On arrival the location was was breathtaking, more so than is captured on the site and we were made to feel very special on arrival with champagne and our group received upgrades into the new rooms, which have been added this season. The staff were all very helpful and the atmosphere was relaxed and not stuffy. Yiannis, the mixoligist was outstanding, very entertaining and was keen to mix up new impressive cocktails, which were always delicious.
I developed a cold and Martina was instructing the kitchen to mix up a special smoothy for me at various intervals (her grandmothers remedy) to keep the cold at bay for the wedding day, which I felt was a really thoughtful touch.
OOH and finally the food....we ate in many hotels and restaurants during our 9 day stay and have to say the food at the Grace was the best we had, their chef Spiros is very talented..our wedding meal for 20 guests was truly delicious. Breakfast is excellent too.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PMoody_10
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I don't know where to start............i had tears in my eyes when we walked down the stairs to reception........just incredible!! The stunning view, perfect location, the amazing friendly and professional staff, the rooms with own private plunge pool, beautiful food, delicious cocktails, unforgettable sunsets...i could go on and on.
Martina, Joseph and the team will look after you from the moment you arrive.....welcoming you with a glass of champagne whilst you check in.
Even with the hotel full, it's so quiet & peaceful feeling like you're the only ones there.
I can see why this is an award winning hotel, I am so glad we chose to stay here. After spending a few days on the island, we couldn't even see anywhere else that could even compare. 10mins to Thira & 15mins to Oia, perfect location.
I envy anyone who is about to book this hotel....enjoy enjoy enjoy!!
My boyfriend and I had such an amazing few days.....he even proposed on the last night!! Be prepared for some romance!!
Jo & Scott from Fremantle, Australia

1  Thank JoannaPitcher
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Where do I begin?! "Heaven" is the only word that could accurately describe our experience at Santorini Grace. We JUST returned after a four-night stay and wish more than anything we could have extended our trip.
For those of you reading this, I, like you, read at least 100 reviews of Santorini hotels. Because I enjoy choosing boutique properties with modern design and amenities, the Grace immediately appealed to me. I could not be more thankful that I went with my gut instinct and chose Santorini Grace. I will be completely honest with you: there is NO view that compares to the one from every room at Santorini Grace. Imeriovigli's unique position on the caldera COMPLETELY rivals Oia. I did not realize until being there that the exclusive hotels in Oia DO NOT have a sunset view, which seems to be the main reason people stay in Oia in the first place! What Oia does have is easy walking access to shops and restaurants. But, my husband and I actually preferred the quietness of Imeriovigli, and the opportunity to walk somewhat short distances to restaurants in both Firostefani and Fira. It helped burn off all of the excessive calories we indulged in during the course of our stay! My husband and I are active, and LOVED the opportunity to do a mid-morning walk/hike to Oia for lunch one day (1.5-2hrs). It was fantastic, and had the most stunning views the entire way. Firostefani is an easy 15 minute walk, while Fira is about 25 minutes. (Note that you can take a taxi to any of these island locations in less than 10 min.) Also note that these walks are all along a well-marked path that is DIRECTLY along the caldera, and RIGHT outside the entrance to the hotel. So easy!!
If you are looking to relax by the pool during your stay, there is NO better place than Santorini Grace. It boasts 2 beautiful pools, one of which is the most spectacular infinity pool I have ever seen. By day, all of the friendly, chic hotel guests could be found lounging by the pool or on their way to different island activities, including wine tasting and volcanic boat trips. (We took a private boat tour with Panos, recommended by the hotel, and he was AMAZING). By night, people gather at the bar for pre-dinner cocktails and enjoy each other's company if desired.
Rooms are modern, spacious, very clean, and the beds are SUPER comfortable. Plunge pools and patios look directly onto the caldera, and watching the sunset from RIGHT outside your room is heaven (I'll repeat it again). Last, but not least, Martina and Joseph, who manage the property, are two of the most genuinely kind hoteliers we have ever encountered. Their hands on approach to the property is rare, to say the least, and they are available for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you may need during your stay. Joseph was even available at one in the morning to help me deal with my lost purse. Had it not been for him, I would have never had it returned, and for that, I will be eternally grateful.
Hands down, the ULTIMATE hotel choice on Santorini.

1  Thank clsilver24
Reviewed 6 November 2009

Without exception, everything was superb and well thought out.
We had a fabulous time and enjoyed Santorini very much.
The service was great , professional but personal. The management were always visible and attentive as were the staff.
We stayed in the new Grace Suite VIP and absolutely loved it! All of the rooms at Santorini Grace are absolutely amazing (with stunning views of the Caldera and sunset )
The food was great quality. Congratulations to the Chefs.
I couldn't recommend this enough for a relaxing and chilled experience

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Majunga58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Chromata Hotel
Chromata Hotel
#12 of 51 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Andronis Luxury Suites
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#7 of 51 in Imerovigli
Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel

Been to Grace Santorini Hotel? Share your experiences!