“Magic hotel in beautiful Imerovigli”

Absolute Bliss Imerovigli Suites
Ranked #1 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Buenos Aires
“Magic hotel in beautiful Imerovigli”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The cavern-type room was wonderful and had plenty of space for us. We had a nice comfy king bed, a table and chairs on the balcony and a nice bathroom with and indoor jacuzzi. There was a minibar stocked with soda and complimentary large bottles of water.
The best part was the terrace with the AMAZING view of the caldera. You can enjoy it at lunch or any time; but the sunset view is just unbelievable.
Aphrodite, Sophia and the rest of the staff were really friendly and Sophia is an excellent manager and nothing is too much trouble for her. We were very well looked after by all the staff.
The hotel is conveniently located nearby a mini-mart and has free public parking space outside as well. Since it is situated at Imerovigli, it is easy to travel to both Fira and Oia and you can be away from the crowd at the same time.
I definitively recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to celebrate special occasions but, due to the amount of stairs at this hotel, if you are not fit or have bad knees or joints, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

When we arrived we were welcomed with a reception drink and the usual fanfare.

Shortly thereafter we were informed that there was a "problem" with our reservation on Booking.com and that the room should never have been listed on their website. As such, it was never available and should never have been booked!!
I proceeded to explain to the manager that we have NEVER used Booking.com so there must be some mistake, to which her response was "Well, they're all the same".

The manager THEN told us that there was actually a problem with my credit card and that she had tried to contact me (without success) to clear the problem. But as she was unable to contact me the room was no longer available BUT she had a luxury room at another resort. (I have yet to be informed what number or email address she attempted to contact me on.)

At this point, and to the managers' horror, I provided her with the receipt of the wire transfer into their bank account from 2 months before our arrival (proving that there was NO credit card problem).

I explained to her that we also called shortly after our reservation was made in order to confirm that everything was fine and were assured that the reservation (which had been paid for in FULL) was guaranteed. I certainly was NOT interested in an "upgrade" at another hotel.

I then called the agent who also confirmed that the room was paid for and available, who then proceeded to call the manager to inform her that the reservation had to be honoured.

After two hours of this fiasco the room suddenly became available and all mysterious missing credit card numbers and non existent reservations miraculously cleared themselves up.

A very very sad way to start a vacation..

The rest of the staff were phenomenal and extremely hard working for the entirety of the trip.
The (phantom) honeymoon suite was spacious with wonderful views and came with a tired and old jacuzzi (see pic) on the balcony. We were not offered a welcome platter or anything special given the name of the suite, but the room was clean and well maintained.

The deck chairs on the balcony were simply unusable because of a design flaw, which made them extremely uncomfortable (unless your back is in traction).

Breakfast was served daily in our room and was generally served lukewarm due to the distance from the kitchen to the room. The waiters did an AMAZING job given the ridiculous amount of stairs and the terrain that they needed to cover.

The location of the hotel makes it very windy so we couldn't eat on the balcony on most mornings or use the jacuzzi, as the wind was simply too strong. Obviously this is NO fault of the hotel as mother nature cannot be tamed - but it should be noted.
In addition there are an insane amount of stairs at this hotel, so if you are not fit or have bad knees or joints, stay somewhere else.

On the last evening of our 5 night stay we were offered a complimentary bottle of wine which was strange and ill timed.

In summary, this is a nice hotel but it's expensive for what it is. It's a perfect location for the famous Santorini sunsets, a great escape from commercial Oia / Fira, and a perfect quiet retreat.

But there is room for improvement with the very large unused terrace that could easily be transformed into an open-air lounge with a few sofas and candles to create some sort of ambiance in the evenings. Instead there is a bright light bulb and bright office (reception) with nothing going on for guests who might want to lounge with a cocktail under the stars.

The location and amazing staff of Absolute Bliss make this hotel far Above Average, but the lack of ambiance and check-in fiasco make it far from "Excellent". Hence I've rated it as Very Good because of the sad debacle at check in and disappointment at the blatant and unnecessary dishonestly.

Would I stay there again? No - because had I not been prepared with a paper trail of receipts and banking correspondence, it would have been my word against that of a distrustful representative with an ever changing story..

Room Tip: Best rooms are all the way at the bottom but you have stairs, stairs and more stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nehoe
Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

If you are looking for a quiet place to stay on the island of Santorini then this is it. Located 30 minutes walking from the busy town of Fira towards Oia. Lovely views of the Caldera from your own terrace, where you can eat breakfast every morning. A bottle of wine on arrival and a free upgrade to a room with a hot tub on the terrace. Sophia is an excellent manager and nothing is too much trouble for her. We were very well looked after by all the staff. We looked at other hotels before booking Absolute Bliss and we are so glad that we chose to stay here as we would have been very disappointed with the others having seen them while walking and driving around Santorini.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fay M
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this hotel. We just had the most fantastic trip. We booked a different hotel, but when we arrived, they were out of rooms and sent us to Absolute Bliss. We were so thrilled when we saw our room! It was probably one of the smaller rooms there, but had plenty of space for us. We had a nice comfy king bed, a table and chairs, a vanity, and a nice bathroom. There was a minibar stocked with soda and complimentary large bottles of water. The best part was the terrace with the AMAZING view of the caldera. The sunset view was just unbelievable. Every evening, we chose what we wanted for breakfast the following morning. Every morning, our breakfast was delivered to our terrace at the time of our choosing. It was always delicious and so enjoyable to eat breakfast while taking in the view.

Sofia was a wonderful hostess. She helped us with everything we needed, every time. She was so sweet and always had a smile on her face! She recommended places for us to go, helped us book a wine tour one day, and on another day, helped us book an ATV rental - she had it delivered to the hotel for us. She even allowed us a VERY late checkout before our night ferry. She stayed past the normal hours to make sure our taxi came to take us to the port. The experience wouldn't have been the same without her hospitality.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!! It was the best!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
todmorden
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We are leaving today after an amazing week here at Absolute Bliss. It certainly lives up to its name - upon arrival we were upgraded to an elegant suite for our first night and served with a complimentary Greek platter for lunch with a bottle of wine . We were then offered another upgrade by Sophia to a honeymoon suite for the rest of our stay despite the fact that I confessed we had been married for 32 years: indoor jacuzzi as well as an outdoor hot tub !! The service was amazing , lovely breakfasts delivered to us each morning and eaten on the terrace with that fabulous view of the caldera . Sunsets whilst sipping champagne in the outdoor jacuzzi were unbelievable . Both Aphrodite and Sophia were so helpful advising us on restaurant choices , bus routes, walks to Oia and Fira and visits to the local winery and as it was the end of the season with many places closed their help was invaluable . We have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels across the world and Absolute Bliss would feature near the top of our list for location and service - we have had a very relaxing week here , so peaceful and beautiful stunning scenery . Thanks to Sophia and her team :)

• Stayed October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights in Oct' 2013, and I must say this is the most wonderful experience I had amongst all my travels. Was planning my proposal at Santorini, and decided to choose this hotel to spring a "surprise event" was my wife-to-be. Sofia was very helpful throughout the whole process, giving ideas and all the assurance I need to make sure that the proposal plan was carried out smoothly. The proposal setup was absolutely amazing, and my wife-to-be was touched by the romantic ambience created. It was truly a memorable experience for both of us, so thumbs up to Sofia and her team!

Breakfast at our balcony was amazing, with breathtaking views and delicious food on the table, I wished I could lengthen my stay. Hotel was conviniently located nearby a mini-mart and had free public parking space outside as well. Since it is situated at Imerovigli, it is easy to travel to both Fira and Oia. No doubt this would be my choice hotel when I return to the beautiful Greek island -Santorini.

Room Tip: Get a room with jacuzzi, definitely worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed 3 nights with my wife celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary and everything was perfect, each detail of this hotel is amazing and spectacular from the stunning views of Santorini Sea and cliffs to the lovely and friendly service led by Aphrodite and Sophia. Even when the weather forecast wind and rain in our third morning they offered us an upgrade to the honeymoon suite. I definitively recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to celebrate special occasions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple