“Fantastic location, excellent value and incredible staff”

Absolute Bliss Imerovigli Suites
Ranked #2 of 28 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2010

There are many many luxury hotels in Santorini, most of them in Fira, a lot in Oia and a few in Imerovigli, but I do not regret for one instant having picked one in Imerovigli and I do not regret picking this one in particular.
After 2 weeks of camping and 2 particularly terrible nights in Santorini Camping I had decided to treat my partner and I for a relaxing night in a very nice hotel and I didn't have that much money so this hotel seemed like a nice compromise and good value. I booked one night in a regular room and upon arrival the manager (who is, by the way, incredibly nice) informed us that since we were only staying one night they would bump us to one of the honeymoon suites, for the same price. If that isn't good service, I don't know what is. As student travellers on a budget, we were ecstatic.
What struck me the most about this hotel is just how quiet the place is. As soon as you go down the stairs, the only sound you can hear is the wind blowing, the silence was almost defeaning, but when you just spent 2 nights in the noisiest camping on earth, you can only welcome the silence with open arms and enjoy.
The room service is excellent, the meals were delicious, for about half the price of any restaurant with a view in Fira, and frankly nothing beats having a delicious meal on your own private balcony, instead of being crammed in a small table with millions of tourists.
The suite itself was very nice, the colors and general atmosphere were very quaint and peaceful and the bed was very comfortable. Watching the stars with your loved one in the outdoor jacuzzi, surrounded by absolute silence is quite fantastic. The complimentary breakfast was almost very nice.
People complain about the location, Imerovigli, but honestly, Fira is incredibly loud and there are millions of tourists and Imerovigli is the exact opposite. If you absolutely WANT to go to Fira for dinner (but why on earth would you do that when you can have excellent room service for half the price ?) then it's just a half hour walk.
I could not be happier with my stay, I strongly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2010

We were so fortunate to be upgraded to this hotel for just one night. However I have to say we had, had a fantastic holiday but this just put the icing on the cake. We had the most fantastic room (6) with views over the Caldera and a hot tub on the balcony. It was just amazing. The room was really spacious and had everything we needed to bring a romantic end to our holiday. What with sunsets, views and everything else that was here i just wish we could have stayed longer. I would certainly like to revisit for a couple of days next time. Thanks again Sophie for making our short stay a memory that we will never forget.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

We have just returned from a short stay in Absolute Bliss and it was everything as promised plus some more. All rooms have the perfect view, but to watch it from a hot-tub on your private balcony was hedonistic in the extreme. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble, the bed was very comfortable, the room was modern, large, comfortable and very clean. I have stayed in a hundred hotels but none beat this one.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

Absolute Bliss really is as good as everyone on here says, as is Sophia and all the staff. The sunset is among the best anywhere on the island, matching Oia, the view incredible, the position of the hotel on the volcano perfect, and the rooms & service as good as you could hope for. 5 out of 5 for us, thanks for making our engagement so lovely, Justin & Renee

Our song if you're interested :)

"It started with a kiss
Because we're staying in Absolute Bliss
The view of the caldera is amazing
The sun is blazing
It's perfect symmetry
In Immeorvigli"

PS. The symmetry refers to the position of the sunset in relation to the hotel and the caldera :) Enjoy Santorini.

Reviewed 4 July 2010

Stayed there with my girlfriend during early June 2010. The hotel is in one word P E R F E C T. Excellent service, breath taking view, clean and tidy as if the room was never used. The decoration, furniture and all accessories indicated a high sense of class and taste from the side of the owners, while the relaxing blue and white colors were framing the whole picture. Sophia is a sweetheart and she and her crew are doing their best to make the staying an unforgettable experience. Imerovigli is a good spot, close proximity to Fira, Oia just 20 min away from Perivolos beach where we used to chill out. In any case the island is small but this spot is highly recommended. A few stairs to walk to the hotel but some exercise never hurt anybody :). The only minus in the whole picture are two hotels whicha re currently built and they spoil a little bit the surrounding area but I guess this will go soon. Municipality of Santorini should be as well a little bit more cautious with the cleaning of the garbage from abandoned properties in the area.

Overall a real gem in the heart of Aegean, definitely Greece at its best. Ευχαριστούμε!!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2010

My husband and I travel a lot and we very fussy about our hotels. We believe a good hotel and completely change your vacation experience. Absolute Bliss is one of those hotels that will actually change the way u look at Santorini as an island.

It's actually HEAVEN. Just get the room with an outdoor Jacuzzi and you will be all set. Sophia is an amazing host and does her best to keep all the guests happy. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if i go back to Santorini .

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We spent 1 week at Absolute Bliss and our hotel experience was unforgettable! We are used to travelling a lot and seeing quality hotels-- I can assure you that the quality of the service, the spacious rooms and the magnificent view you have from your private balcony is hard to beat. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Santorini. The location is very practical, as you aren't too far from Oia or Fira and at the same time you have the peaceful surroundings of the Caldera. A big plus is the hospitality of the staff and the way Sofia (manager) will go above and beyond to please you and make your stay more enjoyable!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
#21 of 51 in Imerovigli
3 mi away
Lilium Villas Santorini
Altana Traditional Houses and Suites

Been to Absolute Bliss Imerovigli Suites? Share your experiences!