“Can't go passed the view”

Ilioperato Traditional Apartments
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Imerovigli
Darwin, Australia
“Can't go passed the view”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent 4 nights at Ilioperato in late September as a family of 4 (2 x teenagers) and had a lovely time. When we first arrived I have to admit I wasn't sure about the room. But if you put everything in perspective it grows on you, though one of the double beds seemed on the small size and not too comfy. We had a 2 bedroom place with kitchenette, but wouldn't attempt cooking anything more than a tea or coffee. My husband and I had visited Santorini before but the kids hadn't and we had come back for the main reason...for the view! Staying on the cliff top, able to see the sunset is the only way to go. Ilioperato didn't disappoint. fabulous view, lovely quiet location (out of the bustle of Thira), great 'little' pool..all you need and good breakfasts. good value considering what you can pay on the island. would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed for a full week at Ilioperato for our honeymoon this past September. I originally booked this hotel because Oia was out of our price range for similar accomodations. That's ok..because as they say - everything happens for a reason! This hotel was fantastic! Best sunset views on the island for sure! The hotel is family owned and you can feel it - very welcoming, caring, and pleasant. Flora arranged the apartment suite facing the Caldera and we saw the sunset from our bed or balcony every night. We were very satisfied with our stay - the hotel is not very luxurious - but the views make up for it.

Room Tip: facing the caldera
Western Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We can not rate ilioperato highly enough. Flora went above and beyond what is expected to make sure we knew the best restaurants, tavernas, atv rental places and must do activities. She is a fantastic host! The view from every apartment is amazing and cannot be beaten. Highly recommend!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I had a booking for one night in this "apartment" and I don't know if we can call it apartment or not!!! The place is very dirty with no air condition in the room and very old furniture, humid rooms and very smelly. The towels were very old and they didn't put any soup or shampoo in the room. This is pure villagers home and they need to be told that running this business and charging customers more than 300 euro requires more effort to make it acceptable for people. Just to show you how bad the situation I decided with my wife to check out after 30 minutes from the check in and sure there was no money back for us and I had to make another reservation in a proper hotel where were really treated nicely and it was in better location which is fira. The conclusion: this hotel is not even 2 stars and I don't recommend it for anybody

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was probably the best place I have ever stayed at in all of my travels. Not only is the view breathtaking but the ladies who manage the hotel are the most welcoming, friendly and accommodating hosts ever. I proposed to my fiancee in Santorini at this hotel and Roza, Flora and Julia helped me organize the perfect surprise proposal on a private balcony overlooking the Caldera at sunset. I would give this hotel 20 stars if I could because that is how incredible it is.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alex K
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 September 2013

on my recent trip to greece we stayed here and it was great! my favorite views of the sunset - relaxing and calm, i enjoyed "the bean" pool, and the family that owned the hotel was thoughtful and also very helpful. it was not in the most happening part of the island; but if you are truly looking for a getaway then it is perfect.

malta
Reviewed 23 August 2013

beautiful location with amazing views and helpful staff.. really satisfied couldn't ask for anything more :) we really enjoyed the sunset view and having a drink relaxed in the bar enjoy the view and relaxing whilst listening to soft chillout music,, it was like a dream.. i really recommend these apartments

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends