“Simply Fantastic”

Gorgona Villas
Dubai
“Simply Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at Gorgona Villas (which is related to its sister property Krokos Villas) and had an absolutely heavenly stay in a Superior Room, which I highly recommend. The view is breathtaking. There is a small plunge pool to cool off in which is perfect for two people. There are multiple terraces to enjoy and our villa has a semi-private balcony/seating area which we did not want to leave from. Staff - including Sophia and Vladimiros - went above and beyond their duties and expectations. This was my fifth trip to Santorini and I would definitely stay in Gorgona again. Excellent value for money, close proximtiy (5 min ride) to Fyra, just heaven.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhantomTraveler79

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2012

In summary, I would say I WOULDN'T GO BACK. Icon hotel is really close by and for 100$ more a night you get the celebrities experience !

I have booked the honey moon suite to make my time in Santorini exceptional. As an other reviewer said, the greeting is way too familiar, not what to expect from a 4 stars hotel.

Initially the lady tried to put us in a suite with a great view on the sea, but right beside a BURNED DOWN room. It honestly look like a DUMP with old burned chairs and trees on the ground. We asked to be moved to an other suite, what she did while rolling the eyes. With the second suite, we had a less private patio, but a really great view that we enjoyed. The inside of the suite was really not what we expected. The tiles, the kitchen, and the walls were dirty, the suite furniture very old and ugly. IT WAS NOT A HONEY MOON SUITE, IT WAS A VILLA FOR PARENT KID ALSO USED AS A HONEY MOON SUITE. YES THEY WERE 3 BEDS !

TO FINISH, THE MATTRESSES AND THE PILLOWS WAS SO HARD ! IT WAS THE WORST NIGHTS OF MY TRIPS. I ASKED THE LADY ABOUT IT AND THE ANSWER I GOT IS "All the mattress are like this in Greece and this is a brand new mattress". THEY HAVE BETTER MATTRESSES IN JAIL. IT WAS a 3 INCH MATTRESS !!

THE ABSENCE OF POOL MAKE IT PAINFUL TO !

HONESTLY, IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN MY HONEY MOON, I WILL HAVE MOVED TO AN OTHER HOTEL !

The breakfast was good but extremely small.

Room Tip: Go to Icon or any other hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaxReviews_98765
Bolligen, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I just came back from a one-week-stay in the Gorgona Villa in Imerovigli.
Imerovigli is much more quiet than Fira or Oia, so much more relaxing. The location of the hotel is maybe not the best in Imerovigli, because one can't see the sunset, but that doesn't matter. The view on the caldera (Nea Kameni is in front of the hotel) is still gorgeous and the sunset is just a five-minute walk away.
The staff is very helpful and very friendli, we felt very welcome and appreciated. Cleaning service is also very good. We loved our little balcony and there were always enough places for sun bathing and relaxing. Room service was also friendly.
What I especially like to mention: the wonderful breakfast buffet, way better than anywhere else I have been, everything prepared and served by a very friendly employee. We loved her!

Be kind to the employees, treat them with respect and you will get it a thousand times back: a little chit-chat about football, a good restaurant tipp or a more "personal" service:-)

we recommend this hotel especially for couples not seeking too much party or action.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LSR3065
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I don't know why there are so few comments for this hotel, but it's really so great! I stayed there in July last year for my honeymoon, sorry that I was so busy and just writing the review now.

First, let's talk about the location. The most popular places for staying in Santorini are Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and Oia. Among the 4 places, I think Imerovigli is the best choice, especially for couples who would like to enjoy a quiet holiday. Imerovigli is located on the highest point of Santorini, you can view both Fira and Oia from Imerovigli. It is also a quiet village which you won't be bother by other tourists and enjoy the tranquility!

Gorgona Villa is located in a very convenient location. It's close to the bus stop and there are several great restaurants nearby. It takes about 10 mins by bus to Fira and 20 mins by bus to Oia. The caldera view outside your private terrace is just magnificent. In the last day of our stay, I just sat on the terrace and watch the sea and don't want to leave!

Then, I have to say that the decoration of the rooms in Gorgona Villa is very stylish and I liked it so much! You can view my photos for the details. I like the traditional cavehouse design, and it's also linked with the modern facilities.

One of the highlights of staying in Gorgona Villa is the breakfast! The breakfast was so delicious and there are a lot of variety of choices! You can eat the breakfast in the cafe, or you can also order it a day before and the staff will deliver it to your private terrace and enjoy your breakfast there! For me, I choose to eat breakfast in our terrace and it was such a great experience! Looking at the beautiful scenery and enjoy the delicious food, it's so great! The food is so delicious that we just ate too much and no room for our lunch!

And the price of Gorgona is also very reasonable compared to other hotels in Imerovigli. During the peak season in July, most of the hotels facing the caldera will charge you 200 Euros or more per night in Imerovigli. But I think the quality of Gorgona Villa is better than many hotels which are more expensive!

Talking all the great things about Gorgona Villa, I have also to say that it is not perfect and remind you about the following:

There is no swimming pool in Gorgona, so if you think that's very important, Gorgona may not be suitable for you. Although there are 2 jacuzzis in Gorgona, but I and my wife both think that the design of the jacuzzi is not so stylish compared to other hotels.

Also, as Gorgona is facing Fira, so you cannot see the sun "sink to the sea" during sunset time. However, you can view the sunset easily as the church nearby is a great place to watch sunset in Imerovigli.

To sum up, I think Gorgona Villa is an excellent choice for couples or honeymooners to stay in Santorini!

Room Tip: I stay in the Superior Double room and it's already very great! Most of Gorgona's rooms have...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cyksimon
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My girlfriend and myself just came back from one week of staying at Gorgona Villas and we can only say it was a fabulous hotel.

The staff were so genuinely helpful and friendly. Any question any time of day or night and they were their with a smile and great support. From the Manager to the cleaning staff, lovely and professional!

The hotel itself is very comfortable, clean and stylish. Very individual rooms with good beds, bathrooms and balcony's.

And don't forget to try the freshly made cake at the breakfast buffet.....

Gorgona Villa will not disappoint!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple