My husband and I were lucky enough to be upgraded to this unbelievably wonderful hotel. We were a bit worried about the location at first, being that it is not within walking distance to any of the towns. But, when we arrived, we were no longer worried about that. We pretty much didn't even leave the hotel the whole first day we arrived there. It was TOO BEAUTIFUL!! The lobby was gorgeous and the staff was wonderful. The breakfast there was the best out of all four hotels we stayed in during our trip.
Although you are not able to see a full sunset from the hotel, it was still absolutely beautiful. The only way to really see the beautiful sunset that everyone talks about is if you go to Oia. That is where you want to be. Get there early though if you want to be able to sit and enjoy the sunset. Be sure to get a seat that is a good height about the walkway because people start crowding on the walkway and could possibly block your vew.
The pool was absolutely splendid! Not only was it beautiful, but guests are asked not to dive or splash around so it was very relaxing. I was awake but thought I was dreaming. The fresh water in the pool was the perfect temperature and there were always fresh towels available. The drink from the restaurant were delicious too.
The room was perfect. It was very large and the air conditioning worked absolutely perfect. The bed was SO comfortable too! One day I did notice a few ants crawling under the couch. I informed the front desk and someone was there immediately to help resolve the problem. There location on the caldera sometimes allows for ants to come around. It wasn't that bad though and immediately after the staff cleaned it up they were gone and we didn't see any for the rest of the trip.
Speaking of the staff.. they are wonderful!! If you call for room service, they are pretty much at your door after you hang up the phone. We ordered coffee very late one night and they were there within only a couple of minutes. We had to leave very early for our flight. I believe it was around 5 or so. The gentleman at the front desk that night had a small continental breakfast brought to our room at 4:30 with our wakeup call and had a shuttle ready for us when we got to the front desk to checkout.
Even though there are not any towns within walking distance from the hotel, we still went out either night to either Fira or Oia (and you're directly in between both which is convenient). The taxis to and from were extremely cheap! If I remember correctly, only around 5 euro a trip! I enjoyed the location of the hotel also because it was very secluded.
Ask the hotel staff anything and they will be able to help you. They can help set up excursions or call a taxi for you and they are more than happy to help you out in any way possible.
I will never ever forget this place....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty six luxurious suites, harmonically crafted into the encompassing interior of the rock, merge into shapes following the earth's own command. Façades covered with red solidified lava and black volcanic stones, outdoor lounges full of comfort and uninterrupted views to the Caldera... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your San Antonio Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel Santorini
- San Antonio Suites Santorini/Imerovigli