This may be one of the most beautiful hotels we've ever stayed at. It is brand new, so remarkably clean. The rooms are generous in size with remarkable views. The pool is amazing. Staff is incredibly helpful and friendly - even if a little slow on occasion, but this is Greece, so who really cares.
Simply put, it was 4 of the most relaxing nights we've ever spent somewhere - even if it did rain a couple of times.
Without a doubt, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. That being said, it may not be for everyone. It is secluded from the other towns and may be a 12 euro cab ride to Oia, but that's what's wonderful about it. You don't have to fight the crowds, you can still go to the towns if you like, and your view is out to the caldera, not at cruise ships. So, if you want to enjoy the nightlife, be around hundreds of other people, and be able to walk to all the restaurants, etc, then this is not for you. For relaxation and seclusion, this is the place.
Outside of laying by the pool, the only thing we did was go to Oia for dinner - both 1800 and Sunset Taverna in Amoudi are highly recommended - and go on a trip with Santorini Sailing - expensive, but you're not with a ton of other people and the food is amazing.
Definitely one of the great new hotels around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Twenty six luxurious suites, harmonically crafted into the encompassing interior of the rock, merge into shapes following the earth's own command. Façades covered with red solidified lava and black volcanic stones, outdoor lounges full of comfort and uninterrupted views to the Caldera... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Prestigia so you can book your San Antonio Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Hotel Santorini
- San Antonio Suites Santorini/Imerovigli