“Absolutely AMAZING!”

Ranked #2 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“Absolutely AMAZING!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a five-night stay at Above Blue suites and there is really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. This place is amazing! From the moment we booked our stay a few months back until the moment we waved goodbye, we were treated like absolute royalty. Hands down the friendliest, most attentive staff I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing, they will take care of your every need, even before you arrive. We stayed in Heaven Suite, and it was indeed heavenly. I would highly recommend spending a bit extra to get one of the jacuzzi suites, as there is really nothing quite like sipping wine in your private jacuzzi overlooking the caldera as the sun sets on another perfect day in Santorini. The hotel is situated in Imerovigli village, which we found to be delightful; not nearly as noisy and crowded as Fira nor overrun with cruise ship passengers as Oia, yet you can easily walk to dinner in Fira in about 15 minutes or hike to Oia (about two hours on the trail). There are also some wonderful restaurants in Imerovigli itself (highly recommend Anogi), but you don't have to fight the hordes as you do in other parts of the island. The breakfast delivered each morning to your door is simply delicious, a perfect way to start each day on the island. We had plans to do all sorts of sightseeing but ended up spending most of our time at the hotel - if you are already in paradise, why would you want to leave? Ioanna and Lia are incredibly helpful with making any sort of reservation you might want and their personal touch really made this a special vacation. We want to come back soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason U
George-AVH, Director of Sales at Above Blue Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Our sincere appreciation for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in the rose suite and it was a lovely visit. The room was awesome, and while the hot tub is small, the view is awesome. Breakfast was extremely good, and again, I cannot say enough good things about the hospitality of the management and staff, really top notch.

Stayed April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and review of our property.

Positive comments like yours go a long way to encourage us to provide the best possible hospitality each and every time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently returned from a ten day stay in Above Blue Suites. I wasn't the usual honeymooner so I had no idea what to expect as a solo traveller going there simply to write. After much research, I decided the positioning of the Moonlit Suite would suit me best and I was not disappointed but first, let me start at the beginning…

The hotel:

The transfer from the airport was punctual, polite and very swift, perhaps a fifteen minute journey on a clear road.

I was personally greeted by the manager at 6am! She had woken up especially to come and welcome me, informing me of everything that the island had to offer, proffering a map and a list of available tours. I was so tired after two aeroplane journeys that she kindly offered to repeat the information over the duration of my stay.

Since my room wasn't ready (check in is at 12), I was brought a cold drink, biscuits and coffee and was offered the bar as a respite as my room was prepared. Even in my tired daze, I sneaked a peek at the Caldera view and was absolutely stunned. The blue of the Aegean sea shone back at me, making the journey seem completely worthwhile. The view was a dream, unlike anything I had ever seen before.

I was fortunate enough to have the room ready at 10am. The manager explained a few rules regarding the jacuzzi, the mini bar and the shower and twice daily maid service. Needless to say, I spent the first half of the day sleeping.

The room was a little smaller than the website pictures and video but traditional, clean and decorated beautifully. It had everything I needed.

The shower consisted of a hand held shower head and a rain shower which was so refreshing.

Breakfast was brought to my private terrace every morning by a lovely man called Sonny. He would bring it at the requested time - or maybe ten minutes before - and knock on my door, wish me good owning and ask me where I preferred the tray. I preferred to have simple bread and honey but the extensive list involved eggs, bacon, muesli, cereal and more.

When I was finally ready to explore, the receptionist staff were helpful, friendly and always smiling. They maintained the right level of distance but were always approachable and at hand. The offered to book a few tours for me but I ended up booking them from Fira, the capital from the many tour organisers.

There was a lunch and snack menu in the room which was available from 2pm until 10pm and would arrive within 15 minutes of ordering by a friendly and smiling bar man. The Greek salad was divine with rich olive oil and crumbly feta cheese, this was my favourite dish. I would have like something with a bit more substance but then, it was only a snack menu.

The maids were lovely, thorough and quick, taking in all of your needs and requests. They would come twice a day in case you needed more pillow cases/towels etc and would make your bed for you every day - I felt very indulged!

The village:

The village, Imerovigli, translates to 'calm village' and it is exactly that. Within walking distance, there is a mini market, a pharmacy and a little square that has a couple of restaurants which serve tasty, traditional cuisine. I travelled to near enough every village and I still felt most at peace in Imerovigli. The view was unrivalled and the sunset has remained an indelible etch in my mind. People say that Oia has the best sunset and whilst it is closer, the sunset from my terrace in the Moonlit suite, remains my favourite.

A cab ride to the capital, Fira, is 5 euros from the hotel which the receptionist will call for you. From there, there is a central bus station which has buses that travel around the entire island. The views on the route are fantastic! Perissa beach is my favourite, with shining rocks amidst the splashing waves. I loved sitting here and writing.

On my final day, the night receptionist called my taxi (at 4am) and carried my luggage for me, wishing me well.

In a nutshell: friendly staff, friendly island, reasonable prices, windy but bright weather in April ranging from 16-20 degrees, foggy at times but few tourists, highlighting the natural beauty. One taxi driver told me the population starts at 9000 and rises to 100,000 in the summer. Be warned!

Over all, Santorini is a truly untouched miracle of an island. The beauty is something that, in my opinion, is detached from other parts of the world. There is an organic feel to it, as if time has stood still and you're invited to the greatest show on Earth. Everyone should visit here at least once and with the exceptional service, unmatched privacy and sensational views, Above Blue is the greatest host! Thank you to all at Above Blue!

P.S I wrote 30,000 words out there! Well worth it, I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The Moonlit Suite was quieter as it was people didn't walk through to get to the pool. I didn...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Maria C
George-AVH, Director of Sales at Above Blue Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2014

Seoul
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Everything at Above Blue Suites was beyond our expectation. I was travelling with my mom for her birthday, and we were both extremely satisfied.

Joanna, Maria, and all other staffs make sure to accommodate all your needs in the hotel. For my mom's birthday, they even prepared a surprise cake with our breakfast. I really couldn't have asked for more.

The rooms were in a great condition, and the hotel itself was just so beautiful that you didn't want to leave it.

If you're visiting Santorini, Above Blue Suites is the place to go.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Our sincere appreciation for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our services and facilities. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you at Above Blue Suites sometime in the future. Thank you!
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The pictures don't do the place justice, I could not think of a better spot for a great ocean view. Beyond that, the service (staff, delivered breakfast, everything) was superlative. The room itself was cozy and the pools/jacuzzis were just right. A great romantic getaway (but there were families there, too)!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Staying at Blue is probably the most romantic stay you can have,

The views of the sunset are stunning and perfect. Blue is set in a tranquil position high on the cliffs above the sea and facing west so that you get a full and un-interrupted view of the beautiful sunsets! We opted for a room with a spa bath on the balcony and often lazed in it watching the sun slowly disappear.

The rooms are all well-appointed and all have spectacular vistas. Breakfast is served on your balcony at a time that suits you. There is no restaurant at Blue, but the quality, freshness and range of the food prepared by the kitchen is superb! And its all delivered to your own private dining area.

The staff at Blue really 'went the extra mile' to ensure that we were very well looked after and catered for. Nothing was too much trouble for the hard working team at Blue.

There is a vast array of restaurants available locally, but, which ever one you choose, book a table via Blues reception, as turning up without a reservation will offer end in disappointment and spending time looking for somewhere to eat, where there are far more enchanting views to spend time look at.

We hired a car for a couple of days and really enjoyed visiting the local wineries, Santorini produces some lovely wines

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
MUMBAI
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We reached Santorini from Athens (Prius) through Blue Star Ferries. We had requested the hotel to arrange for a pick up from the port. It was a shared bus service (guest from other hotels as well) operated by independent contractors. Check in was smooth. We were staying in the CHARM SUITE which is on the lower most level of the hotel. The Caldera view from the room was just amazing!

Though the suite was not as big as we had imagined, it was a very nicely furnished and well lit. Hotel provides a handy internet enabled laptop as well as a very nice music system. Do take your favorite songs / music in a USB pen drive along. We enjoyed the music while taking a dip in the Jacuzzi. I would like to point out that there is a public road (though not very busy) just adjacent to the charm suite (just next to the Jacuzzi in the verandah). People walking through the road get a good enough view inside the Charm Suite, particularly of the Jacuzzi area. Luckily during our stay we did not see too many people passing through the road.

The service was decent. We were provided with a good breakfast in our room every morning. We would have loved if they could offer some more veg options. Lady at the reception was quite helpful and gave us a map of the island. It was quite useful as we rented a car and went to see the sunset at Oia, many of the famous beaches and other attractions across the island. In fact we used the car on our way to the airport after check out. Car Rental Company provides you an option to leave the car at the airport parking lot.

Please do check the hotel web site for making the bookings. We made a big mistake and got cheated by booking the hotel through Booking.com. There was big difference in the room rates offered by the hotel (compared to the ones being offered at booking.com). We realized only after we had checked in. Later on when we informed booking.com they simply declined to do anything. Their best rate guarantee is just a farce.

Over all it was a very nice experience and we really enjoyed our Santaroni trip.

Room Tip: Go for the Jacuzzi in the night and enjoy the stars above..
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple