A frequent traveller around the Asia Pacific region, I have been spoiled by the excellent standards of accommodation available in this part of the world. My travels to Europe and beyond have therefore been disappointing - with "luxury" and "service" apparently being relative terms.
George and Alexandra at Aenaon villas however truly "get it". The design of the villas is minimalist and elegant. Its situation on a narrow isthmus overlooking both sides of Santorini is spectacular. But beauty aside it was the quality of the service that was the highlight of my recent stay.
A group of 14 (fairly) demanding and (very) noisy women with a taste for the finer things in life are probably not the easiest of guests. Certainly our group, which took over the entire complex, was probably a lot more work than the typical guest (the villa caters mostly to newly-weds, honeymooners and couples on a romantic break - and it is easy to see why.)
But the people at Aenaon took everything in their stride, booking large group dinners, conspiring to decorate the birthday girl's room while we were all out for dinner, organising quad-bikes, taxis, tour buses, transfers, girlie shopping opportunities, helping us to weigh our luggage after the inevitable overshopping, taking 14 identical photoshots with 14 different cameras - everything was done with a sense of good humour and attention to our needs, which was quite exceptional.
Dennis and his team were ever present but unobtrusive - and ready to handle any requests no matter how late we all rolled home.
What didn't I like about the place? Leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aenaon villas is situated right on the edge of the world-famous caldera, and it is open to all four points of the horizon, from east to west. The housing complex, consisting of 7 luxurious villas, is a truly idyllic retreat. Private verandas provide access to the infinity pool, which is built on the caldera’s edge and its surrounding area offers an unobstructed view of the Aegean Sea, the caldera, the volcano and the unique sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aenaon Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aenaon Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Aenaon Villas Santorini/Imerovigli