We have just arrived back from spending 8 nights on our honeymoon at Aenaon Villas and are compelled to write a review for this unbelievable place to stay in Santorini.
First of all, Santorini itself is absolutely stunning, and Aenaon Villas is situated perfectly to witness the wonderful views of the caldera. Aenaon Villas is in between Imerovigli and Oia, with a bus stop literally right outside the hotel which takes you to Oia, Imerovigli, or Fira and comes every 15-30 mins. We decided to spend most of our days by the pool at Aenaon before venturing out in the evening to one of the towns for dinner and to watch the magnificent sun set. Because Aenaon Villas is in between the two towns of Oia and Fira, it is so quiet, away from the crowds, and because there are only five villas, most of the time you feel like you are the only ones staying, even in August!
Right from the moment we arrived, George and Alexandra showed that they are the most hospitable and wonderful hosts we have ever come across. They literally cannot do enough for you, from locating a lost bag that didn't make it to the hotel from outside the airport, to helping with advice on places to eat, and they even gave us a lift on two occasions to Fira, and Oia when the buses were too full! It sounds cliche, but they really do treat you like members of their family. We were greeted with a bottle of wine on arrival and a number of times we arrived home from dinner throughout the week with two glasses of Vinsanto (a popular dessert wine from Santorini) and a shortbread or chocolate treat awaiting us in our villa. They are wonderful guests because it is so clear to see how passionate and enthusiastic they are about their business and that energy is evident throughout all of the staff.
The accommodation itself (we stayed in Villa Kallisti) was immaculate, spacious and luxurious. Everything is tastefully decorated and it makes you feel incredibly relaxed and comfortable staying there. The villa is even tidied and cleaned twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, but the staff are so discreet that sometimes you wonder how they managed to clean and tidy so well in the time it takes to eat breakfast! The infinity pool is the centre piece of the villas and it lives up to expectations and more when you arrive. You can't help but say 'wow' as you see it and the view it has.
The breakfast available had a number of different options and was really wonderful. Each day you are asked to fill out a sheet with what you would like, specify a time you would like to eat it and where, either in your villa, by the infinity pool, or on your balcony. Everything's really flexible and if you are early or late or change your mind, nothing is a problem. This brings me to Dennis. Dennis attends your needs all throughout the day. He is always around to bring food and drinks, put up an umbrella to shelter you from the sun or carry your luggage. Anything you need, Dennis is the man. He is incredible polite and helpful whilst all the time remaining completely unobtrusive. You only really know he's around when you need him. He is a credit to Aenaon Villas.
I can honestly say we've never experienced the level of service which we had during our stay in Santorini, at Aenaon Villas. They get everything right down to the finest details and it comes effortlessly to them all. Thank you George, Alexandra, Dennis and all the staff for making our honeymoon an experience to remember. We are incredibly grateful to you all, and we hope to return in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aenaon villas is situated right on the edge of the world-famous caldera, and it is open to all four points of the horizon, from east to west. The housing complex, consisting of 7 luxurious villas, is a truly idyllic retreat. Private verandas provide access to the infinity pool, which is built on the caldera’s edge and its surrounding area offers an unobstructed view of the Aegean Sea, the caldera, the volcano and the unique sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Aenaon Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aenaon Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Aenaon Villas Santorini/Imerovigli