Quick and hassle free! Owner responded immediately and was very polite.
Arrived by boat from Athens and had our own vehicle so we drove straight to the villas. They greeted us immediately, gave us a mini tour of the place and in 20 mins we were swimming in the pool!
First Impression of the place
Jaws dropped to the floor!!
Somebody mentioned that breakfast was poor. Not the case, we were served salad, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, cakes, croissants, fresh bread, jams, honey, butter, fresh juice etc. This amount kept us full from 10:00 till about 16:00.
You can have breakfast anywhere on the grounds and in the villa from about 8:00 till 12:00.
The rooms are very airy, spacious and bright. We did not use the A/C once during our stay. You have a 360o view from 5 out of the 7 villas.
On the first day our fridge was stocked with 4 free soda cans and 2 large bottles of water. We got 2 new water bottles each day (not sodas, cokes etc). There is plenty of room in the fridge to stock up for days.
Not enough can be said about the staff. Impeccable service and friendly. We had everything we asked for in seconds.
The water pressure was excellent and we had hot water all day every day.
Absolutely fantastic bed. linens, towels, pool towels, robes, etc. Top quality.
Rooms were cleaned daily and towels, sheets were changed daily as well.
Free slippers and plenty of closet space.
There is a washing machine in each villa, but I doubt if anyone uses it. Unless you’re planning to stay for weeks.
The only noise that we heard each day was the splashing of the pool water and 2 eagles that flew over our hotel in the evenings!!! Yes eagles!!
The whole complex is minimal, clean and spacious.
It’s very easy to find the hotel when coming from the airport or port.
We were offered a free glass of wine, or salad while lounging around the pool.
Much has been said about the distance of the hotel. It is between Oia and Fira and yes, it is far form both. Others have mentioned that the bus takes just 5-10 mins to get there, which is true, but you might end up waiting for the damn thing up to 30mins. Taxis are not hard to find, but because Santorini is a large island, I suggest renting a car, ATV or scooter.
Not a proper equipped kitchen. Lacking utensils. There were only 2 plates, 2 glasses, 2 spoons etc. there were no paper towels, no dishwashing liquid, no pans etc
The tiny freezer box had not been defrosted for a very long time and smelled kind of funny.
A couple of sockets didn’t work.
Don’t get me wrong it’s a gorgeous place, but I get the feeling that the whole place will need a serious update very soon.
Not recommended for families with children.
No full size mirror in our villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aenaon villas is situated right on the edge of the world-famous caldera, and it is open to all four points of the horizon, from east to west. The housing complex, consisting of 7 luxurious villas, is a truly idyllic retreat. Private verandas provide access to the infinity pool, which is built on the caldera’s edge and its surrounding area offers an unobstructed view of the Aegean Sea, the caldera, the volcano and the unique sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Aenaon Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aenaon Villas Hotel Imerovigli
- Aenaon Villas Santorini/Imerovigli