“wonderful, peaceful, and what a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Avianto Suites

Avianto Suites
Ranked #4 of 29 Imerovigli B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“wonderful, peaceful, and what a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights with Avianto and wished we had stayed there for our entire trip. We booked the Fabulous Suite and got upgraded to the Fantastic Suite next door. We were lucky enough that the Fab Suite was unoccupied and we had the AMAZING view from the shared balcony to ourselves!!! We had friends who stayed at the pricier hotel next door and I have to say that our view was better because our balcony was higher and you could see the whole cauldera. The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable and the mini fridge was stocked with complimentary water and soda and a lovely bottle of wine. Margarita, the owner was AWESOME. She cooks the best breakfast with more options than you can imagine and came by every morning after breakfast to make sure we were happy with everything. We had a late flight out and asked her if we could get a late checkout. Since no one was checking in after us, she let us have a more than generous late checkout and arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport. She really helped put our experience over the top because of her attentiveness and kindness. We would not look for anywhere else to stay if we can ever make it back. Close to the Imerovigli town square and 10 min walk down to Firostefani for shopping and more restaurants. Thank you for a wonderful vacation Margarita! =)

Room Tip: Fabulous, Fantastic and Wonderful suites on the top level with the other two suites one floor below...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

stayed 4 nights in May 2011 and planning a return trip soon , great welcome and perfect loction for walking to shops and restaurants loved the champagne breakfast it was a great way to start the day we had planned to site see but found it so relaxing we spend the whole day reading on the balcony -shops close by to get lunch and more chamagne supplies!

Room Tip: stayed in the marvelous room which was nice and private
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

Magical. The perfect word to describe Santorini. There is no place on earth quite like this island. One can hear the silence. Each morning I was greeted by the silence of the island as I took in the magnificent view of the crater and the architecture of the island from my balcony. I would sip on Greek coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice while eating fresh bread and eggs enjoying the peace of the island.

Magical. The perfect word to describe Avianto. Margarita, the owner/operator of the Suites, created a magical experience for me. I was traveling alone on a discovery adventure not knowing what the next day would hold. The instant I walked into Avianto and met Margarita, we had a connection. She sat with me for a few hours talking of the adventures I should have while in Santorini. The next morning she brought me breakfast, and we sat for hours talking about life and love. She offered wisdom and counsel and lots of laughs. Of course, my room was cozy and clean, but Margarita is the reason I felt at home. It was a place of peace where I discovered much about life - the reason for my trip.

I left Santorini with more than a fun adventure. I left with a beautiful friendship. And that is what lasts a lifetime.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Ginny R
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights and what can I say this place and our suite was perfection! When we arrived we felt right at home being greeted by a young man that made us feel so welcomed. Every morning we still had to pinch ourselves when looking at the view from our balcony to make sure we were not dreaming. Thank you Margarita for the freshly cooked breakfast made with love every morning it was a great start to the day. And to have this special breakfast on our balcony looking over the Santorini picturesque view made it even more special. We hired a quad bike for the duration of our stay for a very decent price from the hire shop close by our suite, ask Margarita as she recommended this place. I must recommend hiring the quad bike as this is the best form of transportation to explore the island, every time my partner and I rode around we felt so free and a little dangerous as where we come from there is too much rules when it comes to hiring a quad bike. We visited Kamari and Perissa beach, our personal favourite was Perissa as it was more relaxing and less people. Also take a drive on the quad to Oia during sunset very beautiful.
Overall Santorini delivers what you see in pictures and travel shows. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Wife and I arrived in Santorini second week of October with no reservations. With the busy season behind us we figured we'd shop on site and check out the lodging options before committing. Cought a minibus to Imirovigli, left the wife with the luggage at a restaurant and started running around the hill. After checking out several places we ended up going with Avianto. We were not disappointed.

The room was cozy, the breakfast delicious (go with the freshly squeezed orange juice), and the service was friendly. The balconies were shared, but were a good size. We had no neighbors that time of year, so difficult to say if sharing the large balcony would have detracted from our
enjoyment of the space. After trekking all over the area, I came to appreciate the ideal location of Avianto for sunset watching. If you are farther north towards where the island juts out, you could lose the last portion of the sun's descent behind the island. The Santorini sunsets are unbelievable.

Much credit to Margarita and the wonderful staff. These lodgings are worth going back to.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I stayed with another couple at the Avianto suites this past September. Our stay was excellent from accommodations to service absolutely perfect. All rooms have a balcony with stunning views of the Caldera. The staff was very helpful and pleasant, also making good recommendations for restaurants. The breakfast that was included in the room rate was amazing, you got to select from a wide array of good choices each night for the next morning.
Would definitely return and highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We loved our stay at the Avianto Suites...we stayed here one night as the first night of our honeymoon. We payed the 20 euros extra for pick-up at the Santorini airport...I have to say, our driver was a bit adventurous. He was an old man, clearly who had lived on the island for many years. He spoke a little English. He drove speedily through the narrow streets to get to the hotel. It was a group shuttle, so we had to make stops at other guest houses along the way.

As for the hotel, it was stunning. The hotel is located up on the top of the cliff overlooking the caldera across the water. You can see many other Santorini, white, sandwashed hotels to the left and right of you, as all the hotels are sitting literally right on top of each other (this is the nature of Santorini). You can walk down or up the steps and walk right into another hotel/guest house. As for Avianto, there is no pool for swimming (though there was one right below our room - we were not allowed to use it), but there is a little bath right in the entryway near the hotel office. The owner was very helpful, giving us tips and suggestions.

The breakfast alone was worth it! They give you a huge array of options as a breakfast menu (probably around 50-60 choices total). When we asked how many items we could choose, the lady told us, "As many as you want!" We sampled the best Greek yogurt with honey, omelette, olive tapenade, fresh fruit, Greek coffee, bread, croissants, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and even a small sampling of the local sweet Vinsanto wine. They serve you the food on your balcony for whatever time you request. I think we requested 9:30 am, and they were a bit late, but the hotel was full. Otherwise, the service was outstanding.

The room was just spectacular. We had the MARVELOUS room. It was more than we could have asked for. See the pictures below. The one down-side was that to get to the Marvelous room, you had to cross over another room's balcony. It was not super private, since right behind us was a half-wall dividing our neighbor's balcony from ours (our neighbors' beach chairs were about 4 meters from us).

The location of the guest house was also ideal. It was far enough outside of the main town that we didn't hear a lot of noise. But it was still close enough that we could walk to everything. A few restaurants were about a 1 minutes walk from Avianto. There was a nice, stone foot path that walked right along the crest of the cliff all the way into town. It took around 15-20 minutes to walk to downtown. But we couldn't stop taking pictures along the way...everywhere you look, the ocean, the buildings, and all the warm colors are just breathtaking. There ARE many couples here, so if you're not going with a significant other, just be warned (but that is more of a critique of Santorini).

Overall, it felt a like a luxurious, fantasy, Greek-style stay at Avianto. Santorini is a place that everyone should visit in their lifetime...is it a bit built-up? Yes. Did it feel like the Manhattan of the Greek islands? Maybe. But is there a lot of natural beauty and charm? Absolutely!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple