I have been meaning to write this review since our holiday last August at the Kapari Natural Resort. My partner and I visited stunning Santorini for a much-needed R&R break and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of accommodation. Suffice to say, the overwhelmingly positive reviews are abolutely well-deserved as this resort stands in a class of its own, not simply because of its ideal location or chic minimalist take on contemporary luxury, but largely because of its stellar service.
My partner and I have been reminiscing about it ever since and despite being fairly well-traveled, we both agree that this was our best, most relaxing holiday yet! He is of the opinion that one should never repeat a destination in case the second time doesn't live up to expectations, but Kapari will have to be an exception because we simply can't wait to visit again.
As a lifestyle editor who has spent years reviewing luxury properties for a living, it has to be said that Kapari is neither the plushest nor most hyped hotel in the world, but therein lies its charm. Like any other property, Kapari has it's drawbacks (tiny pool, poor ventilation in bathroom, high humidity due to jacuzzi in bathroom, narrow winding staircases typical of Santorini) but the positives far, far outweigh the negatives. Kapari's beauty is crafted by its simplicity, elegance and intimacy that lends it a certain je ne sa quoi. Without a doubt, Kapari has the X factor and the key to its exclusivity is in the outstanding service they provide.
In my experience, it is generally service that makes or breaks a holiday and I cannot emphasise how thrilled we were with the level of hospitality at Kapari. The owner should be very proud and consider opening a training school because the Kapari staff outshine most luxury properties with their attention to detail and genuine warmth. Despite the soaring temperatures and long work hours, everybody had a smile on their face and greeted us by name so we felt truly at home. We also appreciated all the little touches, which go so far when making a warm impression eg. complimentary aperitifs by the pool, wine and fruit in the room, personalised keychain and the delicious chocolate cake on our last night.
Special mention must go to Konstantina at the reception, who provided excellent service from the outset, as well as Alexandra, John and Stefanos at the restaurant. Their recommendations were always spot-on and they worked around the clock, tirelessly serving guests. Our driver Tani was also very helpful, as was our lovely housekeeper Alma, who kept our suite spotless.
Having met and represented several Michelin starred chefs, this review would be incomplete without complimenting the gifted Head Chef George Belesis. It is no exaggeration to say that we are still dreaming about the food at the Kapari Wine Restaurant; it was by far the best we had in Europe, let alone Greece. Don't even bother venturing out. Their breakfasts at the terrace are mouthwatering, lunch is perfect by the poolside, and dinner is simply delicious and accompanied by equally stunning sunsets. Finally, I don't know if they give all guests such a huge and decadent chocolate cake on their last night, but I wish I had the recipe!
All in all, we couldn't recommend Kapari more highly. Thank you to everybody who works at this outstanding resort- you gave us memories of a lifetime! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal mix’n’match: The distinctive Cycladic tradition meets minimalism! Located in the gorgeous village of Imerovigli, boasting a majestic view of the caldera, KAPARI Natural Resort is an exclusive sanctuary that invites you to experience the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation of your life. A 300 year old, recently restored, complex of traditional dwellings and houses, typical of the islands unique architecture, welcomes you with state-of-the-art personal services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kapari Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapari Natural Hotel Imerovigli
- Kapari Natural Resort Santorini/Imerovigli