“Surpassed expectations”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

It looked like a tourist trap but we needed a decent lunch before our flight home and a little shelter from the wind. The view was a plus. We ordered a rocket ,walnut and goats cheese salad to start and what came had none of those ingredients. Instead there was a coated fried feta, assorted leaves, pine nuts and fruits including strawberries, kiwi and oranges. Strange. But it was ok.
My husband had a grilled tuna steak which was cooked properly medium rare. I had a really excellent king crab risotto. Of course, the crab would have been frozen but it was generous, fresh and sweet tasting and the risotto was cooked with care.
We also ordered some small pastries to eat later on the flight home and they were very tasty, especially the spinach ones.
The staff seemed a little stressed but they were fighting the wind a lot of the time. A better lunch than we had expected.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank UnaW

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is a double review. We went to the Blue Note after a long drive to Aroma Avlis Food & Wine. Aroma had high ratings and I really wanted to go there. This is a Winery as well as a restaurant. We got there and the place is lit up like a football stadium. No vibe whatsoever. We almost stuck it out. We get the wine list and there were literally 2 red wines to choose from. I don't get it. We bailed and by that time it was late but also windy (this can happen in August in Santorini quite often) and we didn't want to be outdoors so we went to the Blue note. Great views and service but the food really was kind of average. Go next door to Mezza.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I am SO glad that I did not read reviews before coming to this restaurant. This was by far the most flavorful and delicious meal my husband and I have had in santorini. If you want to order basic food, you will have a basic and average meal. The smoked salmon carpaccio, traditional (finally!!! ) saganaki, stuffed lamb, and sea bass were heavenly. The owner was cuter than ever while watching everyone enjoy the beautiful picturesque sunset and was giddy when the rooftop opened and exclaimed, now you can see the stars too! Usually when our dinner ends we are ready to go, this time we didn't want to leave! This place is a must!!

Also, I never write reviews and just felt I had to on this one..... oh, and get the pita. Cheers!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We were here for drinks once and its an awesome spot with a great view. They serve pina colada in a pineapple which is cool. The menu is quite extensive so we ended up getting food which was pretty good. Would recommend coming here, especially for dinner maybe during sunset!

1  Thank Wilson L
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Great food, great views and fanatstic service. The view of the caldera was beyong imagination. Ideal placer for couples but also for a family. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2017