“Nice for a simple lunch”
Review of Anestis

Anestis
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Imerovigli
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Quiet little taverna serving good home cooked food. Good value. As we went at lunchtime everything we wanted to order wasn't available so eventually the owner suggested the lamb chops and the souvlaki. Both were good, we were also given homemade bread while we waited and watermelon after.

Nice to sit out front. There were lots of locals eating there too.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We visited two times. The first time we eat the best sweet lightly grilled octopus of any we tasted this holiday. The second time it was a bit more done and not as good. The spinach and cheese pastries for starters were good. Santorini has white eggplant [aubergine] which they serve grilled and was very good. The stuffed dark eggplant starter was one of the best dishes we ate on the island. We liked the oven cooked meat [stifado and veal with potatoes] better than e.g. the chicken souvlaki which was slightly overcooked. Ask them to be light handed with salt.The various salads were fresh. All in all a good place. Better than some of the more expensive places.

1  Thank thetraveler_8
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The best mussels I have ever ate, hands down. I wasnt looking for a view or a romantic setting, I was looking for good food. And this place looked lax enough to let a lone traveler eat in peace. I like to order 2-3 dishes when trying a new cuisine just to get the feel of everything. I usually dabble one, then the other. The mussels were my appetizer, yet I ate them as a meal. I even used the bread to scrape up the juice. By the time the lamb came I was soooooo full that I took it to go. That was my lunch the next day, it tasted good reheated. The service was lack luster, I felt they were over their heads with people that night but the food was so good I didnt care. They were giving couples some alcohol in small glasses, his and hers, and they gave me both. I was the only single person in there. I didn't care, I would marry the food.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We ate here on the small patio one night while on Santorini in May 2013. The staff was nice enough, but the pork on the gyros we ordered was so badly overcooked (aka burned) that we sent it back. The second one came out and was not much better. We did have a good tomato and cucumber salad to start though. I expected at least an apology for two meals being nearly inedible, but no apology and nothing off the bill. It was about 10:30p and I think they were more interested in talking to a friend inside than they were in having customers.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Though the title might sound very over-achieving, this is our personal experience. Very surprised this restaurant is ranked so lowly. Our first stop in Greece was Santorini post which we moved to Mykonos and then Athens. So far we think of this restaurant as the best authentic Greek food place we have been to, based on our foreign palate of course! The family run place gave a very friendly flavor to the experience. They would never say no to a customer much in contrast with the #1 restaurant of the area. Despite a huge crowd they would make sure all were served. We went back twice and were not disappointed at all! Items tried (that I recall): Tzatziki, aubergine, chicken souvlaki (the best I had in Greece)....