Chromata has an incredible view of the caldera and it appears that all rooms have beautiful views. It is a treat to have breakfast on your private balcony every morning looking at the breathtaking views. The location is away from the tourist hordes of Fira but can be reached by a 15-20 minute walk along the cliffs. The path is easy enough, but it gets extremely hot, and be sure to wear shoes with good grip. There are a lot of stairs and uphills on both the path to Fira as well as the hotel itself. There is a parking area within easy walking distance from the hotel if you have a rented vehicle. The room was minimalist but beautiful and the cool design a welcome in the Greek summer. It appears that getting upgraded is a common event at Chromata. We initially stayed in the junior suite and the room was rather small. My taller boyfriend had a problem with height in some areas of the room. The balcony was very private though and we liked this. We were upgraded to the Chromata suite which is beautiful and spacious. The room has a hot tub and a jacuzzi. The smell from the hot tub made it impossible to use though. A small issue with this room is that the balcony is much less private with people higher up able to look down on you as well as not being adequately separated from the room next door. So we had a couple strolling across our balcony taking pictures. The service at Chromata is its true strength though. From arrival staff make it clear that they are willing to go to any lengths for you and this friendliness and assistance makes it so easy to just relax and enjoy the holiday. We had all our requests met with efficient and friendly service, which makes the hotel well recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli