We just had 2 weeks in the cyclades with 3 islands (Mykonos, Paros and Santorini) and this was our last stay.
We had booked a room in another hotel but at the last minute, we were transfered to the Chromata into a standard room, which became eventually the famous room N°1! After one day, we told the hotel that we could not stay in this room as it is completely tiny and close to the pedestrians (looking through your window..).
The manager understood and we were transfered the day after to the room N°14, right at the bottom of the hotel (they are 87 steps to go out of the hotel...). The room was a superior type room, so quite larger, with a nice design, but a few embarassements for the room: A/C not working (one night we had 35°..), floor needs painting, bathroom a bit humid;
We have to say that the staff were quite impressive into trying to solve our small problems, with always smile and kindness.
On the other hand, the design and the view are quite stunning (breakfast is served every morning onto your veranda), and to some extent, it can pretend to be a SLHW hotel.
- Stunning design;
- Staff very friendly and helpful, all with correct English;
- Nice swimming pool area;
- View on the caldera;
- Cave style bedrooms;
- Avoid room N°1 at all cost!;
- Few items not working in the room: A/C, phone, ...;
- Stairs (don't forget your swimsuit!);
- Alexander in Kamari (for fish);
- Flame of the Volcano in Fira (for the view);
- Sunset Tavern in Ammoudi (for the vie and the lobster);
- Skaros in Imerovigli (every day);
PLACES TO SEE:
- The half day caldera cruise with Blue Lagoon and Jimmy (150€/person): nive sunset on the catamaran, with bbq and white wine;
- The walk between Fira and Oia, 12km, consider 2,5h;
- The mount of Ilias, 567m high, nice view of the Island;
- The ancient city of Thira, in the morning only;
We recommend this hotel as we really enjoyed it ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli