“Most amazing hotel I've ever stayed at!”
Review of Chromata Hotel

Chromata Hotel
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Imerovigli
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Chromata was the most amazing hotel I've ever stayed at. Located in Imerovigli, at the highest point overlooking the Caldera the views are unreal. The hotel has an incredible infinity pool that looks right over the cliff, and the staff and services are top notch. I proposed to my now fiancé and the staff was extremely helpful in working with me to make it an unforgettable moment.

I will definitely be back again and will be recommending this place to anyone I talk to that is thinking about visiting Santorini. Staying with Chromata is guaranteed to be an amazing and unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This may be the best service my wife and I have ever had at any hotel, and we are picky! Christine checked us in, she was great. Alexander also gave us his number if we needed to reach him using the personal cell phone the hotel gave us to use. They provided us transfers to a sister property for massages and we were even given top notch accommodations while visiting the other property. Room 17 is by the pool, very convenient. We will be back! WOW, Amazing!!! Other hotels need to come here for a lesson in service!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron W
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I want to write a huge thank you to all the staff at Chromata, especially Christina! We have recently spent 3 days in Santorini and it was my 10th time on the island and 2nd with Chromata. I can not rave enough about this hotel. They gave us a free upgrade for it being our second visit, which was spectacular! The decor, location, staff, amenities and hotel itself was outstanding. I've just come back from being away for 8 weeks, staying in 5 star places around Europe, this was definitely a stand out and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel... Part of the katikies group of hotels... Was amazing. The staff was excellent and the service too. Upgraded us to a larger suite in which the bathroom was almost as large as our room. Probably the best maintained property I have stayed at...very very clean. Breakfast served on your own patio and a great pool area and pool bar. They arranged a private boat trip for us and spa appointments at another property named kirini. They have a beach club on black sands beach and we had a reserved cot there and a really wonderful lunch there (anemia). Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Chromata has an incredible view of the caldera and it appears that all rooms have beautiful views. It is a treat to have breakfast on your private balcony every morning looking at the breathtaking views. The location is away from the tourist hordes of Fira but can be reached by a 15-20 minute walk along the cliffs. The path is easy enough, but it gets extremely hot, and be sure to wear shoes with good grip. There are a lot of stairs and uphills on both the path to Fira as well as the hotel itself. There is a parking area within easy walking distance from the hotel if you have a rented vehicle. The room was minimalist but beautiful and the cool design a welcome in the Greek summer. It appears that getting upgraded is a common event at Chromata. We initially stayed in the junior suite and the room was rather small. My taller boyfriend had a problem with height in some areas of the room. The balcony was very private though and we liked this. We were upgraded to the Chromata suite which is beautiful and spacious. The room has a hot tub and a jacuzzi. The smell from the hot tub made it impossible to use though. A small issue with this room is that the balcony is much less private with people higher up able to look down on you as well as not being adequately separated from the room next door. So we had a couple strolling across our balcony taking pictures. The service at Chromata is its true strength though. From arrival staff make it clear that they are willing to go to any lengths for you and this friendliness and assistance makes it so easy to just relax and enjoy the holiday. We had all our requests met with efficient and friendly service, which makes the hotel well recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SonyaS102
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The staff and hotel were fabulous. We were upgraded for free which was lovely as they knew it was our honeymoon. Only thing I would say is breakfasts were not great but maybe this is Greek food? Looks better than tastes. Also our hot tub smelt really really fishy and gross! It stunk our whole room out.
I would defo return though. Really amazing place

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed at Chromata with my husband for our honeymoon. The hotel although quite overpriced, was very nice. Our room was a cave, had a shower and bathtub in it. It also had a Jacuzzi outside ( a special upgrade for being honeymooners).

The view was absolutely breathtaking! The volcano and sea were exactly outside across our hotel. Basically at Caltera this is what you pay for.

Although the room was very nice, it was missing a few minor things like a hair dryer (although I was brought one when I requested it), hooks for the towels and robes and better lighting in the bathroom(although this might all be purposely done to keep the room minimal).

For breakfast, you could order from the special menu and it was brought to your room which was nice but for the standard of the room I believe it could have been better. It was not very tasty and when I ordered eggs for example I did receive bread to eat them with.

Although these were small issues I believe they would have helped me give the hotel a 10 rather than a 9. Other than this, everything else was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Naso30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Andronis Luxury Suites
#14 of 51 in Imerovigli
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Chromata Hotel? Share your experiences!