The Chromata is perfect in every sense of what I was looking for in a boutique hotel. The staff was excellent from our transfer service (which had free wifi) to our check-in, where they greeted us by name before we even said anything. The porters deserve kudos running up and down the stairs all day. Everything felt personalized and any requests were fulfilled with a warm smile. We rented a car for a day, which I recommend, and they had the car delivered and picked up from the hotel. There is a parking lot directly across from the hotel where it is only 2 euro a day to park as well. We went to Akrotiri and Santo winery by car, both were awesome. To get to Fira it is about a 15 minute walk. Oia can be reached by the outstanding public buses (which are nice charter buses) for 1,60 euro each way per person. Perhaps the best thing at the Chromata is the view though. The infinity pool is fantastic and has a bar in the back where you can get fantastic cocktails, wine, water and homemade lemonade. One recommendation that seems to be overlooked at the Chromata is the spectacular Chromata restaurant. With only 4 tables it provides an intimate dining experience. We were the only table there when we went and sat on the balcony, which there's only 1 table there. Our waiter provided spectacular service, explaining each course of the meal, and the view was spectacular. Kudos to the chef, each course that she provided was presented beautifully and delicious. My only complaint about the Chromata was that the jacuzzi tub wasn't even warm. When it's 90 degrees outside that's a minor complaint. Overall, this is a must stay hotel with comfortable beds and amenities, a warm friendly staff with attention to detail and an unforgettable view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli