Originally booked for the Sun Rocks hotel, we arrived to a glass of champagne and the news that they did not receive our booking... having spent hours researching Santorini hotels online months before, we were genuinely a bit gutted not to be staying at the Sun Rocks, however, they were overly kind and said they had a "honeymoon" suite for us at a sister hotel... hesitant it was a scam of some sort but happy as anything since we were honeymooning, we went along in the cab 5 min up the road with no clue where we were heading, once we arrived and i spotted the SLH logo I had an even bigger smile on my face - i had stayed at the Belvedere on Mykonos before and fell in love with the chain - and true to the SLH brand, the Chromata was exactly that, a small/boutique style luxury hotel with amazing staff and stunning interior and exterior design. We were shown two rooms, the first i believe was the honeymoon suite, was nice, the second, room #15 from memory, is what we think is one of their Chromata Suites, was more than what we could have asked for: a huge living area complete with indoor dip pool, a large separate bedroom, a bathroom and a full shower room, all built into the cave walls, modernly decorated but not overdone. A definite upgrade to what we had originally booked. Huge thanks to the staff for making the time so perfect as well. The breakfast is served to your balcony, which not completely private, but no complaints, as our room was at the bottom of the hotel so it felt very private anyways. The pool is smaller but just perfect, with beds and benches, a bit of a crowd formed in the morning but both days that we stayed at the hotel we had the pool all to ourselves for the most part, also very good music played at the pool at the right volume, perfect holiday dance remixes. What else... the entire experience was great, the restaurant right on the path at the entrance to the hotel was good traditional greek food and the walk to Oia is a must do - we did it on the windiest days ever, added a bit of thrill but overall a stunning walk, 2-3 hours well worth it, we did it in thongs but some areas are a bit more rough than others. After all the research we did on Santorini I hope this review helps others, for locations Imerovigli was not even on our list but by far after experiencing the entire island (we rented a quad one day too and went to the beach where the Chromata staff reserved us beach chairs) this location is by far the best for feeling away from the crowds but close enough walking distance to restaurants and shops... sunset also gorgeous from here, don't even remember if it was that direct of a view from the hotel as most nights we were out for dinner during sunset - Oia is nice, but over-rated for the cost of hotels in our opinion, Fira is way too cruise-ship tacky...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli