“Breathtaking”

Jordan
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Traveling
I went to my honeymoon to chromata hotel in July and to be honest i was amazed by how friendly the staff is especially Maria and they allowed us to use their computer to check mails
The room service was awesome.. Perfect breakfast and the view!!!! i cant add more
It is absolutely gorgeous
i don’t even know where is my next island destination as chromata raised the bar a lot
guys dont think twice
DO IT

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Murad J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
hoopjunkie33
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I booked the Chromata after some hesitation given the panoply of caldera view hotels available for review on-line. For a bit of background to my tastes, I work for an airline and travel a great deal throughout the world so feel like I can write this review with an eye toward impartiality. We arrived in late September and the weather was great and the crowds were down--highly recommend this time of year for a visit to Greece. The staff at the hotel was very accommodating and upgraded me without asking after the first night due to my height (6'5") and the fact that our original room was fairly small. These are all cave type rooms and the room they upgraded me to was large, had an indoor plunge type pool, and was very, very nice. The plunge pool is a better concept than it is in practicality in my experience--especially an indoor one. The service was very attentive from the folks at the front desk to the servers. Breakfast was definitely one of the high points as I was startled to learn that you could order a wide variety of food from their set menu for free--croissants, coffee, omelettes, fruit, yogurt, etc. The food was served on time and made for a great start to the day. The pool is quite small but beautiful and certainly sufficient for most keeping cool during the middle of a hot day. Additionally, there were some beds to lay out on above the pool since the pool are could conceivably get quite crowded in the summer I would imagine. The location is in a quieter area on the caldera but close to a small grocery store and a car/moped rental. I would note though that a walk into Firofestani takes a good 10-12 minutes and I walk very fast and am in good shape. I would guess most folks over 40 would traverse the distance in closer to 20 minutes but it is a nice walk and mostly downhill. The restaurant slightly above the hotel was recommended but we didn't find it to be very good and it seemed overpriced for what you received. One thing I would recommend is renting a scooter and driving to Oia and to Perissa and some of the other beach towns. Very good way to see the island. Went on the sunset cruise to the volcano and hot springs and would probably pass on that if had to do over again--it wasn't overwhelmingly bad nor was it overwhelmingly good--just middling. Also went to Folegandros (loved it) and Mykonos (check out the Belvedere Hotel in the latter). All in all, I would highly recommend the Chromata without reservation.

1 Thank hoopjunkie33
san francisco
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Our original hotel botched our rez so they moved us over here to Chromata. I cant say how amazing the place was. the view was incredible, and the staff was very attentive without being creepy. the fruit and coffee in the morning is brought to you by these really nice dudes in flowing linens. pretty cool, i'd say.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I have traveled to many places and this is the best place I have ever been. Santorini is a wonderful island with much to offer. The Chromata is the perfect place to stay on the island. Upon arriving to this hotel you are met by one of two beautiful hosts with a glass of champagne. These hosts take care of you for your entire stay. Moreover there are multiple young men who tend the pool and the room service. Any request is granted immediately. Also you are promptly serviced breakfast at your requested time on your balcony which over looks the most wonderful view in the world. Anyone who complains about stray cats are simply out of their mind. This is the perfect place. I cannot give a hotel a better review than I give this one.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Esslingen
Reviewed 5 October 2009

room No. 16 is not recommendable, and room No. 10 is a dream

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 2 October 2009

good place for honey moon! stunning views, you will remember life long!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Cananda
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Chromata for 3 nights during our honeymoon. The view probably best in the area. Peggy was awesome and really adds to the hotel. We didn't use all the hotels facilites but the housecleaning staff was great as well. We came back to our room and our clothes were hung up or folded and our toiletry items were organized and placed in a wooden box on the desk.

Our room had a dip pool in the bathroom. Perhaps if the pool was in the main part of the room or on the balcony it would be worth spending the extra for. The rooms are cave like and the bathroom is at the back so there is no ventilation. There was a strong sulphur smell. It just wasn't somewhere we wanted to hang out and even if the weather was extremely hot I still won't want to be suffocating in the bathroom to cool down. We booked through a travel agent so I don't know what we paid per night and I'm a hesitant to look it up.

Other than the pool our room was great but be prepared for stairs. All the hotels are built on the edge of the cliff so they have many stairs. There was also free internet and you could take the lap top to your room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Imerovigli
Pegasus Suites & Spa
Pegasus Suites & Spa
#16 of 50 in Imerovigli
San Antonio Suites
San Antonio Suites
#13 of 50 in Imerovigli
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Rocabella Santorini Resort & Spa
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#13 of 56 in Oia
Iliovasilema Suites
Iliovasilema Suites
#22 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Chromata Hotel? Share your experiences!