The hotel is just situated in the best part of the Imerovigli, it's charming, clean and modern compared to a lot of hotels in the area.
The Greek culture is not as friendly as some might expect it, but the people you find in this hotel are the most friendly and kind you probably can find in the entire island, if you found hospitable, nice and friendly people working in the hotel, they are not Greek. This is from spending 11 days in Santorini.
The rooms are very very clean, recently renovated, no closet in some of the rooms. Our room had a hanger rack and they were willing to change our room when it was available but we would loose our amazing view for an okay view compare to what we had. So we endend up staying where we were. The pool area is amaaaaaaaaaaaazing. Large beds with breathtaking views, quiet and peaceful. The staff are very nice and attentive. Very relaxed atmosphere, the music is great. The manager, a young woman, very nice, she is at the property all the time. They give you a cell phone and you can connect with the hotel at anytime from anywhere in the island which is very very nice.
They deliver your breakfast to your room, great service, very very attentive. The food in most of the island was very bland and tasteless but the food in Chromata and their sister hotel Kirini, toped the entire food experience. The food in Greece is overrated. Not good at all. Simple pasta dishes, Greek Salad and their vegetarian dishes are your best choices. The view and the weather in Imirovigli is much better than oia, the hotels are situated much higher on the cliff so because of that, you get the panoramic view and more air flow. Overall, they get five stars for their view and location and four stars for their service and hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, preserving the Cycladic architecture, Chromata 5 star hotel both astounds and enchants visitors on so many different levels; from the hauntingly beautiful interiors within each of its 22 rooms and suites conveying the heavenly lifestyle of the island, to the uniquely captivating infinity pool from where one can literally breathe in the sheer essence of the volcano. Hidden oasis of calm on its back the Chromata's alfresco Pool Cocktail Lounge and Gourmet Resto offer three types of views: volcanoscape, poolside charm and natural splendor for long languorous afternoons stretching into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chromata Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chromata Hotel Imerovigli
- Chromata Hotel Santorini/Imerovigli