Where do I begin? So much to say about Altana Traditional Houses but I think its charm is in the owners, the twins Marios and Christos who embody what it means to be a warm and welcoming host and provide some great hospitality - always taking time out to chat to their guests even though they had a million things to do, always making sure our needs were taken care of from the transport to giving us recommendations of restaurants and sights to offering us their killer home made drinks! Not to mention they have such lovely and friendly staff who were always helpful with a smile. It really made a difference and I am very grateful!
In terms of location, you can't ask for a better place to stay in Santorini. As others before me have said, the views are breathtaking and go on for miles and miles. The pool was so refreshing and the rooms are quite charming. My friend and I stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and we had so much space - we had our own bathroom and our own double beds with a huge living area which had 2 day beds. Very very comfortable and relaxing. I am definitely coming back next summer!!!! Thanks again Marios and Christos... you guys are awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming boutique hotel brings centuries-old style, history and hospitality luxuriously to life at the highest point of Santorini’s breathtaking volcanic Caldera, in Imerovigli. The restoration project of a Traditional Mansion owned by a family of generations of Captains that began in 1979 established Altana Hotel in 1983 as the first high standard guest house in the area of Imerovigli and certainly among the first on the Santorinian Caldera. This historical building complex dating back over a century, between 1779 and 1883 has been preserved, restored and renovated to meet the highest standards of modern luxury. The 6 apartments and 8 suites at Altana, each unique, blend traditional local architecture and aesthetics with modern amenities that tastefully cater for any true traveler's comfort. A unique sensitivity to detail and restored original objects revive the simple elegance of tradition and pay homage to the history of the mansion. A deeply personal service philosophy offers a unique hospitality experience in a setting surrounded by an endless horizon of blue in a bird’s eye view of the Santorinian Caldera, the Volcano, and the whole of the Southern Aegean Sea, including the neighboring islands. Enjoy a dip under the sun in the highest swimming pool on the island and feel free against the sea breeze. Lose your breath to the vibrant sunrises and mystical sunsets from your private veranda. Relax in your suite’s private Jacuzzi pool or rejuvenate your mind and body with a plethora of massage, yoga, chi-kung and beauty treatments. Enjoy homemade breakfast till noon or experiment with local homemade delicacies, sweets and wine-tasting at ‘Kafeneion’, our preserved cave-house bistro. Sample a world of gastronomy with our cooking lessons, gourmet degustation & private candle-lit dinner experiences, which incorporate our own organically grown produce straight from the volcanic soil of the Altana farm. Savor the atmosphere of relaxation and discovery that will inspire some of the most romantic and exciting moments of your life. Dive into the magic of something old and discover something new...welcome to Altana, let us immerse you into the magic of Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Altana Traditional Houses and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altana Traditional Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Altana Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Altana Traditional
- Altana Traditional Houses And Suites Santorini/Imerovigli