The Altana was a dream come true for our honeymoon. From the moment we arrived, the twin brothers (Mario and Cristos) took great care of us. The room was very nice and the staff would get you anything you needed. The mini bar was very reasonably priced. The brothers were very attentive to their customers. They went out of our way to make our stay special. Our ferry to Crete was cancelled and we ended up staying with them an extra day. The ferry was off and on three times They coordinated all of the changes and all we had to do was sit back and enjoy ourselves. We did not have much time prior to arriving to research the island but the brothers provided great recommendations for food and excursions around the island. The staff made our reservations for dinner and also for a rental car. Everything was perfect. They went the extra mile to make sure we had a great stay. The location of the hotel was great because it is only a 20 minute or so walk to the capital town of Fira but it is far enough away that it is quiet. There is a great traditional greek restaurant (Tavern Imerovigli) only a few minutes walk away with amazing food. We had saganaki and greek salad too many times because it was so good. The Altana was a great place to stay. We did not want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming boutique hotel brings centuries-old style, history and hospitality luxuriously to life at the highest point of Santorini’s breathtaking volcanic Caldera, in Imerovigli. The restoration project of a Traditional Mansion owned by a family of generations of Captains that began in 1979 established Altana Hotel in 1983 as the first high standard guest house in the area of Imerovigli and certainly among the first on the Santorinian Caldera. This historical building complex dating back over a century, between 1779 and 1883 has been preserved, restored and renovated to meet the highest standards of modern luxury. The 6 apartments and 8 suites at Altana, each unique, blend traditional local architecture and aesthetics with modern amenities that tastefully cater for any true traveler's comfort. A unique sensitivity to detail and restored original objects revive the simple elegance of tradition and pay homage to the history of the mansion. A deeply personal service philosophy offers a unique hospitality experience in a setting surrounded by an endless horizon of blue in a bird’s eye view of the Santorinian Caldera, the Volcano, and the whole of the Southern Aegean Sea, including the neighboring islands. Enjoy a dip under the sun in the highest swimming pool on the island and feel free against the sea breeze. Lose your breath to the vibrant sunrises and mystical sunsets from your private veranda. Relax in your suite’s private Jacuzzi pool or rejuvenate your mind and body with a plethora of massage, yoga, chi-kung and beauty treatments. Enjoy homemade breakfast till noon or experiment with local homemade delicacies, sweets and wine-tasting at ‘Kafeneion’, our preserved cave-house bistro. Sample a world of gastronomy with our cooking lessons, gourmet degustation & private candle-lit dinner experiences, which incorporate our own organically grown produce straight from the volcanic soil of the Altana farm. Savor the atmosphere of relaxation and discovery that will inspire some of the most romantic and exciting moments of your life. Dive into the magic of something old and discover something new...welcome to Altana, let us immerse you into the magic of Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Hotel.de so you can book your Altana Traditional Houses and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altana Traditional Houses Hotel Imerovigli
- Altana Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Altana Traditional
- Altana Traditional Houses And Suites Santorini/Imerovigli